839 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
gbiasillo says

It looks like a lot of new items were added overnight, including my own, which is great. However, due to the sheer number, mine is at the bottom of page three as are many other author’s work so will most likely be lost in the noise. It’s a shame as I think my latest track is pretty good :)

I’d like to make a suggestion on how the new items are released. Instead of releasing them as soon as they are approved, which seems to occur in large batches, I propose that they are held and new items are releases are staggered. I’m not exactly sure of the interval but one option would be the number items / number of released per day? Alternatively, randomize the items every x minutes? This has probably been beaten to death already, so bear with me. Have other options been bandied around?

Thanks for listening!

579 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

Pretty soon people will come on here and say “its not about front page”, “its promotion” etc etc etc.For new artist with zero connections, or steady repeat customers because they have been around since 2009, this is the most important time. The only time my stuff sells steady is when I have a brand new song, either the new item sells or it brings people into my portfolio to purchase older track.

The good news is as long as you keep a steady stream of “GREAT” music coming people will eventually find that older song you worked hard on. Things are moving fast right now because of review queue being so backed up, but I have no doubt it will return to normal soon and your items wont move to back pages so fast. Plus they did just post those Audiojungle promo loop videos to use, try posting one of your cinematic or classical items to youtube or vimeo. Leave a link to your audiojungle portfolio and see if it works.

1122 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Switzerland Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
SonicCube says

“its not about front page” :P

Well, if i see you complaining, but don’t see ANY refered customer trough some of your promotion links, then the frontpage might be your only chance to expose your work.

Think about it and spread your work outside of AJ ! It made a huge change for myself, unfortunately i did not listen to established authors in my early days, because they where telling me exactly this same thing :)

839 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Thanks for the input guys. I’m not complaining – just getting my feet wet. LOL . Are there any AJ specific resources on directing traffic to our sites?

579 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says
579 posts
+4 more
Sophonic says

Sonic I do know promotion works, for me thought having 2 jobs, wife and 2 kids(3rd job) I barely have time for writing and recording let alone promotion. I have been putting more priority on growing my portfolio, maybe I need to just take a week or so and try to figure this promotional thing out. The numbers you posted do look impressive.

I read a post by jHunger once and he has a similar situation. He says he barely has time for promotion and it looks like he has a ton of sales off just writing quality songs alone. So sometimes it makes me wonder which way is best, I guess a little of both would be perfect.

1122 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Switzerland Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
SonicCube says

Sonic I do know promotion works, for me thought having 2 jobs, wife and 2 kids(3rd job) I barely have time for writing and recording let alone promotion. I have been putting more priority on growing my portfolio, maybe I need to just take a week or so and try to figure this promotional thing out. The numbers you posted do look impressive. I read a post by jHunger once and he has a similar situation. He says he barely has time for promotion and it looks like he has a ton of sales off just writing quality songs alone. So sometimes it makes me wonder which way is best, I guess a little of both would be perfect.

I’m in a similar life situation as you are. But as you said, if the frontpage is your only chance for exposure, it’s a bit difficult and you have to create one track after the other. I personaly think that it makes more sense to upload a great track, and then use a few days to promote that one before uploading the next one. I do also ask my wife to help out with searching the web for promo possibilities ;)

Think like this : Who should find your track within the 100000 others if you do not spread the word about it ? Especialy when you are a new author. You could make a top hittrack and nobody would realize it :)

579 posts
+4 more
Sophonic says

Yes SonicCube I agree. With the time I would of usually spent writing today I opened up Imovie to learn how to create a movie using new audio jungle video loops and put it to my music. It was alot easier than I thought. I opened up a youtube account and posted it.

Your numbers of click throughs was all the proof I needed, thanks. Now I just have to become more creative with promotion, youtube is just a place to start.

240 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ClassRecords says

Sonic I do know promotion works, for me thought having 2 jobs, wife and 2 kids(3rd job) I barely have time for writing and recording let alone promotion. I have been putting more priority on growing my portfolio, maybe I need to just take a week or so and try to figure this promotional thing out. The numbers you posted do look impressive. I read a post by jHunger once and he has a similar situation. He says he barely has time for promotion and it looks like he has a ton of sales off just writing quality songs alone. So sometimes it makes me wonder which way is best, I guess a little of both would be perfect.

I’m in a similar life situation as you are. But as you said, if the frontpage is your only chance for exposure, it’s a bit difficult and you have to create one track after the other. I personaly think that it makes more sense to upload a great track, and then use a few days to promote that one before uploading the next one. I do also ask my wife to help out with searching the web for promo possibilities ;)

Think like this : Who should find your track within the 100000 others if you do not spread the word about it ? Especialy when you are a new author. You could make a top hittrack and nobody would realize it :)

Hi sonicCube, your words are really smart. What I would like to know is: what do you think is the best way to promote yourself outside audiojungle? Thank you!

1122 posts
+8 more
SonicCube says

Bon Giorno Italy ;)

To tell you what exactly makes the most sense, or is most effective, i would need another workload to read statistics, but i’m to lazy to do so :)

I can only tell you where i do some promotion with referal links :

1. My Own Website with Audiopreview and Links ( might not help a lot ).

2. Soundcloud ( check out our AJ group under : http://soundcloud.com/groups/professional-royalty-free-audio-tracks

3. Use the offered AJ / VH videoloops to piut your tracks on Youtube ( yes, this helps a lot ).

4. Try to make some connection to people out there who are often in need for audiofiles ( video creators, motion design companies ).

There are so many other opportunities, just think where you could promote and use your best friend Google ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by