91 posts
  • Envato Developer
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
bensmithett Dev says

For the past month all authors have had beta access to a new HTML5 video player on their own item pages. Today we’re giving everybody the new player!

This means that video previews can now be played on any phone or tablet.

We’ve also launched a private beta for allowing MP4 video preview uploads rather than FLV. Keep an eye out for more announcements on that.

A note on embedding videos

The new player comes with new embed code:

\\

Any videos embedded using the old Flash code will continue working for the time being, but we’d encourage you to update your embedded videos to the new version.

1549 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Good to hear that finaly users can easily download previews!

I would still suggest to add add button “Download preview” since some people may not notice that mp4 preview is downloadable with right mouse button click.

>We’ve also launched a private beta for allowing MP4 video preview uploads rather than FLV. Keep an eye out for more announcements on that.

I am so excited to here this! So tired optimizing flv. Thank you!

Best Regards, Andrey

352 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Netherlands
motionvids says

GREAT! Finally it is here!

I’ve just uploaded a new item yesterday and I already had taken precautions and rendered out a h.264 .mp4 preview as well! And here we are, with h.264 upload almost within our grasp :)

When will we be able to make us of these kind of uploads? Do you still need beta testers for h.264 upload? I’d love to help out.

115 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
MHF says

Fun Fact: my video does not have the videohive watermark after lunching the new player!

250 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
sightsignal says

Fun Fact: my video does not have the videohive watermark after lunching the new player!

I think you simply forgot the watermark and the reviewer didn’t notice it. It doesn’t have anything to do with the new player. ;)

115 posts
  • Exclusive Author
MHF says

I think you simply forgot the watermark and the reviewer didn’t notice it. It doesn’t have anything to do with the new player. ;)

man the preview had the watermark for 13 days since approving, on the old player! ;)

250 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
sightsignal says

man the preview had the watermark for 13 days since approving, on the old player! ;)

That’s quite strange and possibly also witchcraft.

115 posts
  • Exclusive Author
MHF says

That’s quite strange and possibly also witchcraft.

yeah i have opened a support ticket for that, i guess they have used the HD version which i had uploaded in vimeo, instead of using the original preview on VH! ... also have you noticed the color change in new player? red turns a bit orange , not only on my project, i have seen it in new files after lunching the player! the difference can be barely seen comparing the video and the preview image!

1549 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Does it looks like they implemented watermark removal tool? lol. Or automatic preview downloader from Vimeo/youtube? :-)

Best Regards, Andrey

115 posts
  • Exclusive Author
MHF says

Does it looks like they implemented watermark removal tool? lol. Or automatic preview downloader from Vimeo/youtube? :-) Best Regards, Andrey

Lol … what if you knew my project was first soft rejected, then after changing a bunch of things in the project and preview, it was approved, but the preview in beta html5 player didn’t update, and i reported that when the player was in beta! now i guess they have used the vimeo version to fix this! if i had not reported it, guess what, a preview of my project for the age of soft rejection would be the main preview! :D

by
by
by
by
by
by