154 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
SkillLine says

Thank you it’s good news but one of my project preview was very low quality on the new player. http://videohive.net/item/sci-fi-speakers/5012258
Could you please report this using the form we link to from that item page?

Thank you very much I will do it!

536 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Thanks everyone, here’s a quick update: We have a bug where any items you’ve updated may display the wrong video in the new player — we’re working on this right now! We’ve extended our work to include video previews on other marketplaces (like 3dOcean), there’s far fewer items there, but they’ll be included in the trial soon.

H264/mp4 upload is a big focus for us next.

38 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
stevehodgkiss Envato team says

Another quick update: We’ve just fixed an issue where the html5 preview wouldn’t get updated after an update was submitted to the item. All affected items have been re-processed and should have the correct html5 video preview now.

2215 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

I don’t know whether it’s due to html5 player being more optimized, or your encoding compressed the preview videos even more, but I’ve noticed significant increase in loading speed. In regular player I still almost never can play the video without waiting for it to buffer, while the html5 player mostly loads smoothly, without waiting :)

536 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Update: The new player is live and we’re beta testing MP4 upload with a few authors!

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
markwilson8711 says

the mp4 version looks like crap :(

Can you give us some more specific feedback using the form linked to from the page. If they all “look like crap”, pick the worst one — it’ll give us something specific to look into.

but should be an easy fix if I’m allowed to upload my own mp4 version. Is this possible?
It will be soon :)

Thanks for the information. Great Move and Congrats.

by
by
by
by
by
by