21 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
NRHmusic says

Hey all!

I’m brand new to selling stock music, and I hit the ground running a few weeks ago. I had my first sale last week. Currently, I’ve had 2 sales on my Exclusive Profile, and 3 on my Non-Exclusive Profile. Feels good to know that someone out there is hearing my music and using it!

My question is about extended licenses. How common is it for you guys to sell the extended versions? (Estimated percentage of your sales?) Obviously, I haven’t had many sales yet, but so far only Regulars.

Anyway, this was mostly an excuse to say “Hey” and that this is a great community that I’m very glad I stumbled upon.

Cheers!

176 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
StudioLeBus says

Hey Hello :) It’s funny because my first sell was an extended licence for my first upload Funky Bootsy ! :) it was at the beginning of january… i didn’t expect that and it motivated me but since.. just normal licence selled..

I guess it’s not so often !

Have fun

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
brandonamatias says

Hey guys! I’ve been here since last September and I’ve only had 2 extended licenses out of 174 sales. So it’s a pretty low percentage , at least from my case so far :)

545 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

For me extended licenses happen very few and far between. They are kind of like an unexpected bonus for me. Hopefully that changes and we all get loads of them.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in United States
NeilHampton says

Okay, that’s what I figured, thanks! Pretty crazy you got one on your first sale, StudioLeBus. Must mean your doing something right!

251 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
bodorobodo says

I also had for my first sale as an extended license, from my first upload. I’m a bit paranoid and I imagine someone it’s “encouraging” the new comers to have a longer course and to sustain the freshness of Audiojungle. I haven’t uploaded almost anything for a month and my sales are nil. So much for the quality of my material.

545 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

bodorobodo, it really seems like we are all playing the freshness game. It seems like for every couple you upload, you lose a few out of the bottom that just sit. I guess the goal is to find the balance of new content and not sacrificing quality so even with the ones that just sit you have ones that are selling well.

279 posts Make music with passion or don't make music at all
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
sweetwaveaudio says

Hey NRH,

Extended License sales are few and far between for me. When they come around I just treat it like a little bonus cheque. I dont really think about them to be honest. My best seller with over 700 sales doesn’t get many extended license sales but one time someone bought a music pack from me with an extended license and I got over $100 for a single sale and nearly fell off my chair. If you want so try get a little boost now and again music packs are a good way to do this. I sell far more music packs than I do extended licenses.

Good Luck,

James

667 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

It’s not uncommon for me. I just sold one today. :) I’d say the total number of extended licenses I’ve sold is anywhere from 10-15 out of 128.

200 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
filmTones says

Out of 120 sales to date I’ve only had one extended license, so not many for me. I think the price of the items could have some bearing on the percentage (lower price equals more extended licenses).

by
by
by
by
by
by