11 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
NathanWeeks says

Hi. I just created a profile here on AudioJungle. I’ve looked at other member’s profiles, and they’re using some great images, both for their profile header, and the thumbnail images for each song. I was wondering if a lot of members get these designed or just do it themselves.

I’m wanting to get things looking nice on my profile before I get to uploading anything. Thanks!

1000 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
simaudio says

Welcome to Audiojungle :)

To answer your question i think you’ll find it’s a bit of both.

I try and buy everything from photodune now, it’s a good thing because all the licence issues are covered and it’s a good thing if your buying stuff from the marketplace (you even get a nice badge), you should check it out as they have some amazing stuff over there. Also you could find a logo or a picture for your avatar on the marketplace.

11 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
NathanWeeks says

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

I checked out Photodune and it looks great! There’s really some quality stuff there if you look around. I’m sure I’ll find some cool pictures.

Thanks again!

11 posts
NathanWeeks says

Well, now I’m sort of confused. See, I’m wanting to use Photodune images in my thumbnail images for my songs, and as part of my avatar. I had read in the Photodune license that the images can’t be used as part of a trademark or logo. I asked customer support and they referred me to this post http://notes.envato.com/authors/using-photodune-images-in-your-marketplace-files/

At the time I read that, I figured it had cleared thing up and I told customer support so. But now, I’m starting to wonder again. I think I might err on the side of caution and create my own image just to be sure, but that’s a let down. If anyone knows for certain, please let me know.

1000 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
simaudio says

It seems that you can’t use a photo from Photodune for a logo, according to the licence.

You can buy logo templates from Graphic River.

Here is a recent thread….. well I say recent it’s five months old but this should help with some questions about thumbnail art.

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/cover-art-new-to-audiojungle/58521?page=1

What I would suggest, is to start a thread on the all marketplaces forum and hopefully you should be able to find out the answers from someone more qualified to help. It can be a bit quiet over here.

It would be good to know :)

11 posts
NathanWeeks says

Sorry, I didn’t realize there was an answer yet.

Thanks, Simaudio. I think you’re right. I actually decided to make my own avatar, but I might keep those logo templates in mind for the future.

1000 posts
+2 more
simaudio says

And it looks great :)

11 posts
NathanWeeks says

Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by