Milanshah says
753 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Man, sorry, are you trying to troll forums? :)))

330 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
-bianca- says

Hi,

I’m sorry but at this moment it’s not ready to be sold on themeforest :-( The design aesthetics are very poor. I like the idea of the navigation on the left but that’s about it.

I suggest you to browse the 404 (403 etc) that are on sale at the moment. Make a list of what you like and don’t about them, think whats missing etcetera and take these into effort.

Also if this navigation bar is your own .js code (I’m not the one to tell) you may consider to expand this idea for an item to sell on Codecanyon. Goodluck to you.

21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in India
Milanshah says

Man, sorry, are you trying to troll forums? :)))

No

21 posts
  • Located in India
Milanshah says

Hi,

I’m sorry but at this moment it’s not ready to be sold on themeforest :-( The design aesthetics are very poor. I like the idea of the navigation on the left but that’s about it.

I suggest you to browse the 404 (403 etc) that are on sale at the moment. Make a list of what you like and don’t about them, think whats missing etcetera and take these into effort.

Also if this navigation bar is your own .js code (I’m not the one to tell) you may consider to expand this idea for an item to sell on Codecanyon. Goodluck to you.

actually I want to know what are the minimum requirements for 404 page? Is there some basic criteria that particular things should be there in 404 page? Like navigation,search bar etc or they just check design?

330 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
-bianca- says

Well, it has to meet the minimal quality requirements as stated here but of course you knew this already :)

404 specific: There aren’t given any literally but usability is important. - easy navigation. - a clear message to inform the visitor what went wrong and what they ought to do next - a search bar as you mentioned as well.

The 404 page is about guiding your visitors so they either find what they need or let them know they will never find it because it’s gone and redirect them do other interesting stuff.

To be honest the figure 404 itself may not say anything at all to some visitors. It’s somehting coders have invented years ago. You may want to re-think this…

Someone told me once: Focus on the weakest link, meaning design it as such that anyone knows what to do.

Again goodluck. Hope this helps you out.

1328 posts LoveThemes
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
LoveThemes says

You haven’t got a hope in hell of this being approved sorry. You’re just not good enough yet.

Also looking at the code you copy/pasted a lot of that too, you can tell by the erratic indentation that comes with pasting.

Scott

21 posts
  • Located in India
Milanshah says

Well, it has to meet the minimal quality requirements as stated here but of course you knew this already :)

404 specific: There aren’t given any literally but usability is important. - easy navigation. - a clear message to inform the visitor what went wrong and what they ought to do next - a search bar as you mentioned as well.

The 404 page is about guiding your visitors so they either find what they need or let them know they will never find it because it’s gone and redirect them do other interesting stuff.

To be honest the figure 404 itself may not say anything at all to some visitors. It’s somehting coders have invented years ago. You may want to re-think this…

Someone told me once: Focus on the weakest link, meaning design it as such that anyone knows what to do.

Again goodluck. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks.I’ll sure give one more try

21 posts
  • Located in India
Milanshah says

You haven’t got a hope in hell of this being approved sorry. You’re just not good enough yet .

Also looking at the code you copy/pasted a lot of that too, you can tell by the erratic indentation that comes with pasting.

Scott

Hmm…I like the word “YET” thanks for feedback:)

21 posts
  • Located in India
Milanshah says
Again rejected with updated 404:( http://milanshah.net78.net/nav/nav.html
by
by
by
by
by
by