32 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
matchboxben says

Hi guys,

I’ve created a website in PSD form at the moment, the next stage would be to code it in static XHTML /CSS and a final step would be to turn it into a wordpress theme.

My question is, how is it best to make this available on the marketplaces? Should i prepare the PSD files and make them available on Graphic River, then in a couple of months once the coding stage is complete release the same design on theme forest (including the original PSD earlier released on Graphic River) then finally release a third time but this time the wordpress theme?

Or should i simply wait until the final wordpress theme is done and release just that?

I’ve seen a few people doing both of the above – what do you guys advice? Whats best in terms of Envato policy? Whats best in terms of sales?

Thanks so much!!!

1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

Some authors create PSD , HTML and Wordpress variations of their designs. It’s personal preference I guess. I would recommend submitting the PSD first to see if the reviewers think your design is good enough for the marketplace, then start on a HTML version, then eventually a Wordpress theme.

PSD files are uploaded to ThemeForest not GraphicRiver by the way :p

1619 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

I´d say you submit the html/css version first, and put a note in the description that a WP theme will be available soon. Might give you more sales, plus that not everyone want´s a WP theme. So you´ll reach more customers and gives alot of customers something to look forward to.

Just a side note though, ThemeForest handles the PSD Templates as well. GraphicRiver only tends to the elements, like buttons, menus and such. You get the idea :)

Good luck with your theme :)

32 posts
+3 more
matchboxben says

Ahh ok.. was just concerned it might be giving people a poor deal – i might be a little annoyed if i paid $20 for a PSD then a month later the same thing was available for $30 with all the coding completed… if you catch my drift.

Themeforest – Gotcha :-)

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says
I would recommend submitting the PSD first to see if the reviewers think your design is good enough for the marketplace…

I wouldn’t do it this way. PSD ´s don’t sell very good here. I would first code it to xHTML and upload it here and if the design selss well then I would code it to wordpress. but before you create the xHTML I would highly recommend you to ask other people about it what they think.

1619 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says
Ahh ok.. was just concerned it might be giving people a poor deal – i might be a little annoyed if i paid $20 for a PSD then a month later the same thing was available for $30 with all the coding completed… if you catch my drift. Themeforest – Gotcha :-)

A PSD theme for $20 are very rare, not available from my knowledge. And a html/css template usually goes for $10-$20 depending on how big the site is. A Wordpress theme goes for around $20-$40, depending on features and how big it is.

(with big I mean, features, sliders and alot of custom stuff)

Good luck again :)

32 posts
+3 more
matchboxben says
I would recommend submitting the PSD first to see if the reviewers think your design is good enough for the marketplace…
I wouldn’t do it this way. PSD ´s don’t sell very good here. I would first code it to xHTML and upload it here and if the design selss well then I would code it to wordpress. but before you create the xHTML I would highly recommend you to ask other people about it what they think.

That’s useful to know.. i’m guessing theres a dedicated place in the forums for critiques? I’ll have a browse and submit some of the designs for people to take a look at :-) Thanks.

8243 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

+1

3135 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
+1

+2

510 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
pxt says
+1
+2

+3 ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by