923 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

Yes, to repeat everything that’s already been said here, Komplete is a great value and I use it all the time. You will find that you don’t use a lot of the stuff that comes with it, but there will be pieces that become invaluable. Between Guitar Rig and the synths mentioned above it’s worth it right there. My one gripe is that the pianos are a bit of a disappointment, with the possible exception of Alicia’s Keys (which I think is only in Ultimate).

One thing to mention is that it normally doesn’t pay to upgrade every major release – I went from 6 to 7, and then 8 came out soon after so I could have skipped 7 and saved a few $$. Also, NI stuff typically isn’t on the exclusions list when music retailers like GC or Musician’s Friend have their 15% off promotions (which is all the time, it seems), so you can save yourself some dough if you wait for one of those.

873 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says

Yeah, it is brilliant, and great value. Kontakt and Guitar Rig are my favourites, but Absynth, Battery, Reaktor, and Massive are also excellent. You should go for it!

2005 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

What i want to add to all this: It’ true, Komplete has not only good A. Piano sounds, except of the Steingraeber Upright, which sounds really cool. But in Komplete Ultimate is the Alicia Keys Piano included, which is IMO one of the very best GrandPiano Sounds on the market, especiallly for soft and jazzy stuff (check my jazzy AJ tracks….). For make it sound bright you’ll have to equalize it very hard, but it works too. Or mix it with “New York” concert grand. But Komplete Ultimate has some of the best electromagnetic (Rhodes, Wurlizer & Hammond) sounds on the market too!

545 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

I think you should just take the plunge and buy it. It is for sure worth it. You might get in overload mode with all those awesome sounds to choose from but wouldn’t you be kicking yourself if you didn’t buy it, and then ran out of the extra cash to be able to get it in the future.

873 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says

I suggest to buy Komplete, then make your next purchase: Alchemy

923 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

But Komplete Ultimate has some of the best electromagnetic (Rhodes, Wurlizer & Hammond) sounds on the market too!

Good point, Mat! I should have distinguished that in my last post – I don’t often use the NI acoustic pianos since getting a couple of other libraries, but I absolutely love the NI electric pianos and use them in a lot of my tracks.

1552 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Wow, so many replies! Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions :)

It’s great to hear some good things about this product as it’s something I’ve been wanting to buy for months! It seems like it will fill so many gaps in my composing pallet (I’ve only bought EWQLSO, NI Evolve Mutations, Drums of War and Uke Strum). I’m most excited about the drums to be honest, that’s something I’m always making do by using Logics standard kits, and also Guitar Rig, which I currently have to refresh every 15 mins, aaaaand the almighty Kontakt which I’m fed up of not having!

I am definitely looking at the standard Komplete rather than the Ultimate as I can no way afford that version so I guess I’ll have to miss out on the Alicia Keys.

It’s a good point some of you make about waiting for then ext version, which is probably the sensible thing to do, but the next two weeks is the only time I’m gonna have off until I finish my degree in several months so I think I will go and ahead and just get this awesome collection. I’ve now got to decide whether to buy it in one go or do monthly payments (over 9 months with no APR), hmmm.

Thanks again for all the replies guys, really appreciate it! :D

2005 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hi Sam!
You’re very welcome. Another advice from me: Buy it only, when you don’t have to pay it in rates, this is such a bad thing to have this in the neck…you rather make good music without this (you did already and you still can do….it’s not gonna pay at that quik…).
But another about waiting for the update or not: If you buy the Komplete 8 only (not ultimate) you can upgrade later to ultimate and you will get the latest version anyway…

1003 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

£385.00 is the best price i’ve seen it for;

http://www.dv247.com/computer-music-software/native-instruments-komplete-8--88847

Just to add a couple of things, i do like FM8 which is a good synth and cpu light, i find the studio drummer a bit cpu heavy….. as is a lot of the other stuff especially Kontakt and Reaktor but try disabling external fx that seems to help, or use the purge function in Kontakt if you have trouble. I’ve created cpu light presets in Kontakt that i go to first, instead of just opening the standard presets and then i work on creating a sound from there, as this avoids the dreaded freeze which seems to happen when you have a lot of instances open at once (depending on your processor)

If you don’t like the piano’s much you do get the voucher of course, which you could put towards Alicia keys….. i think you get six months to use it. You can always update when a new version comes out and if you wait long enough you’ll get it for half price.

147 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
JasonGraham says

I have Komplete 7 and use it in every song. Guitar Rig is probably my most used. I also use the pianos, strings, and synths. I sometimes use the included Abbey Road 60s drums, but I also use Modern Drummer for Kontakt, which I use most often. Like someone else said, I probably only use .05% of the entire collection, but what I do use, I use every time.

by
by
by
by
by
by