• Won a Competition
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+3 more
guitarsstate says

Man I’m very sorry to hear that! Check out this threat hope it helps: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/one-of-my-tracks-being-distributed-illegally/108276?page=1 Maybe you should contact soundroll too. Good luck!

943 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
+1 more
AlumoAudio says

I don’t understand why audiojungle authors don’t register their tracks as copyrighted. All decent artists nowadays do. I’m thinking of doing the same also. Good Luck dejans :(
And AJ authors definitely don’t want to register their tracks with YouTube as this will cause LOTS of problems for anyone who purchases a license.
For me, it caused a few problems here and there, but nothing that I couldn’t clear up myself with the buyer directly.

I’ve mentioned this before, but the issue right now is that YouTube don’t make it clear enough on the video manager that all the buyer has to do is copy/paste their license certificate into a claim box; after all that’s exactly what the license certificate is for – so that buyers can prove they own the rights to use our property on their video. It’s an extra copyright check that I personally believe should be absolutely standard in this massively growing industry and it’s plainly obvious to any savvy online composer that theft of royalty-free music is increasing exponentially.

Once YouTube have cleared up this grey area (and hopefully they will), I think it’ll be a real solution for us composers to keep an eye on things. As it stands however, I certainly wouldn’t encourage everyone to do it, because things can indeed get quite messy if not dealt with correctly.

Apologies for the sidetrack and to keep harping on about it, but it’s something that really gets on my goat right now. As you were!

551 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

I don’t understand why audiojungle authors don’t register their tracks as copyrighted. All decent artists nowadays do. I’m thinking of doing the same also. Good Luck dejans :(
Every song you make is automatically copyrighted – there’s no need to register them. And AJ authors definitely don’t want to register their tracks with YouTube as this will cause LOTS of problems for anyone who purchases a license.

Hi Srengoring,

Could you elaborate on that please? I don’t see the problem with composers (for once) being able to protect their work by themselves and it seems like a super simple process to clear YouTube disputes for genuine customers from what I’ve read so far. Would you say there are better ways to protect our work? I’d be interested in knowing how if so.

Thanks,

Taco

565 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Coriiander says

Okay, thanks a lot guys! AlumoAudio, I will do that. It seems they are selling the singed-over version AND my original instrumental version on iTunes, Amazon,...?! What the hell?

When someone attempts to wrong another person, a force greater than we can imagine always sees to it that the wrongdoer receives some kind of retribution. Not only does the punishment fit the crime, but the longer it takes to show up, the greater the penalty. :)

It doesn’t do you any good to worry about things that are outside of your immediate control. The best thing to do is do what you can and then relax, knowing that the person who is committing the crime is about to be in a much sorrier state than you are right now.

If I were you, I’d just keep making music. Don’t let the ne’er-do-wells stop you from making great music. Thieves don’t just rob material riches, they rob you of your mental resources and energy as a by-product. They also keep you preoccupied and fearful of their next move. Do yourself a favor and let them wander into their own prisons. Most thieves are easily caught because there are no courses to my knowledge that teach successful theft.

Look at it this way: No thief would steal unless the thing they’re trying to steal is valuable. Your music then must be valuable. :)

Hope this helps you feel a bit better. ;)

“What you do to or for another person comes back in kind, greatly multiplied.”—Napoleon Hill

+1 – Well spoken, sir Blinn!

920 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
jhunger says

I’m in touch with Joel, and he’s been a real help, he’s a great guy, I will follow his advice and see where it goes… Thanks Joel! :) @Blinn: Thanks for the support mate, the problem is I can’t just let this go because buyers who purchased the track legally might run into trouble with YT, so I need this resolved ASAP, it’s my responsibility towards the legal buyer, you know…

No problem – I’m glad I could help in some way. Having dealt with this recently I wouldn’t wish this on anybody.

Blinn, definitely good thoughts and we should all keep things in perspective, and put most of our concentration on what we love, which is making music. In cases like this, though, some things are well within our immediate control, and as musicians IMO we’re obligated whenever possible to protect our copyrights, and also the rights of our buyers to use the work they paid for without harassment. Also, there’s a well defined process for it.

206 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • South Africa
RomanosMusic says

And these criminals sleep at night with a clear conscience. :reallyevil: Makes me mad! Hope you track them down and give ‘em hell dude!

262 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
dejans says

Okay, DMCA’s sent, (c) violation reported, now will see what happens next… Thanks for the support guys!

2087 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you, Dejan ;)

903 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
JBlanks says

Good luck dejans. Sorry to hear this happened to you mate. Seems to be occurring more and more these days. I’m glad it has come to your attention though, and YouTube’s.

Great words Blinn.

607 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Basspartout says

Good luck Dejans, I’m sure this will resolve soon for you in a good way. You have a big marketplace and a great community behind you!!

by
by
by
by
by
by