262 posts WordPress Theme Devoloper
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
kayapati says

My new them got rejected by the Kailoon reviewer.

I got the standard rejection message as usual like bellow:

============================================================

We’re sorry, your item Encies – Powerful Premium WordPress Theme has not been approved for sale on ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this template. Unfortunately, due to our current quality standards, your template has been declined.

Quality Standard Your template’s design does not meet our quality standards at this time and will need significant improvements before it will be ready to be reviewed again. You might consider taking a look at some of our popular premium items to get a better idea for the quality level of graphics, typography and general design that we require for approval.

What you can get inspired from the top files You can pay attention to the details of graphics, alignment, element placements and implementation of typography in the design, balance of spacing/padding and how to utilize the white space. But please do not copy / get inspired by their graphics styling, layout structure or features.

We are open to any general / unique / niche templates with different kind of features/options or approaches.

You don’t have to provide 100 options to get your submission approved but you need to provide a few unique and easy to use features to suit the template’s usage and make the user’s life easier.

Feedback At this stage in the design I am, unfortunately, not able to provide more specific feedback other than what I’ve stated above (the design needs overall, general improvements).

Which mean, the chances to get this file approved on ThemeForest is very low, at least for now. However, with further improvements (if you are going to try) I may be able to provide more specific feedback/guides.

========================================

I designed it without slider to make it Unique for corporate theme.

I designed the logo bigger wantedly, let me know your views.

Please provide your feedback on where I need to improve.

Live url

http://meltingpx.com/TF/CMS/encies/

179 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
ThemePrince says

Hello kayapati,

My honest opinions about the improvements you should make:

• Top menu and its background.. the texture is not very lucky selection, it has a very poor look and feel
  • “What our clients say” part has also poor texture
  • Add some unqiue stylings that makes the theme stand out from the crowd like adding extra graphics for headers, etc.
1148 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
fillerspace says

I really like this theme…it’s something I would definitely buy. The design is clean and unique, and there is nothing glaringly wrong with it. Design-wise, the only thing I can think of to change would be a lighter font color in the footer, but that’s about it. I guess you should also offer the option of a slider for the homepage. Other than that, I think it’s just a sign of how tough it is to get a business/portfolio theme approved these days.

The theme I’m working on (my first Wordpress theme), has a clean, minimalist design that is typical of most business/portfolio themes, but what I’m counting on to get me approved are 3 never-before-seen-on-Themeforest features, and one “God-Slaying” feature that everyone is sure to try to copy.

The competition here is so fierce in the business/portfolio Wordpress category, that the reviewers are restricting entries to only the very best in both design and features. Since your design is already very good, your best bet is probably to find some “God-Slaying” features to add to it. Some of these features that I’ve seen pop up over the past few years (and become standard on subsequent themes) are: home page slider, cu3er slider, quicksand portfolio, shortcodes, sample post import, etc. Having a new feature like these were in their day will likely help you get approved.

3446 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Moved to Item Discussion

101 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
PixelBook says

fillerspace, can I ask what “God-slaying” feature? I’m just curious

1289 posts LoveThemes
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
LoveThemes says

I don’t want to sound harsh, but I think this theme needs quite a lot of work both graphically and in terms of options.

Go over everything and add some more graphical elements such as nice buttons, font replacement and work on the colors.

Scott.

1148 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
fillerspace says

fillerspace, can I ask what “God-slaying” feature? I’m just curious

It is a feature so cool and unique that it makes everyone want to buy the theme just for tht feature alone. Maybe 3 years ago, it was the jQuery slider. Before that, themes didn’t have sliders, but when a few authors like Kriesi started adding them, those themes sold like hotcakes. About 2 years ago, there was the explosion of the Cu3er slider, which used flash to create 3D effects. Any theme that included that slider easy sold hundreds of copies per month. I haven’t seen any single feature that revolutionary since then, though there have been themes that combine a few features that make the theme great overall, like shortcodes, video support, dummy content import, etc.

+6 more
kayapati says

Hi friends thanks for your feedback on this item I am sure I will consider them and would like to see reviewer feedback on this, like Kailoon, IVR

421 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
MASSIX says

I don’t want to sound harsh, but I think this theme needs quite a lot of work both graphically and in terms of options.

Go over everything and add some more graphical elements such as nice buttons, font replacement and work on the colors.

Scott.

+ 1

There is a lot to do and I hope you hear more what other people say, because you allways ask for help, but when I see your theme beeing accepted 95 % is not improved. Later you post “Why is my theme selling so bad” ...

Maybe some of the guys here are not Kriesi or DDStudios and so on, but when they say your elements are bad, design needs improvement, ... then they are right. Between I miss the love in your works, you got 59 items and most of them got not more sales than 30, so maybe its better to take some more weeks and release something fresh and modern.

Good luck with it.

+6 more
kayapati says
by
by
by
by