23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Japan
Musicrayon says

Hi everyone.

Let me ask about watermark rule. I have own website. and I would like to use music from my AJ portfolio on the website. Do I have to include AJ watermark on those tracks? I’m a exclusive author here. My web site is not selling those music.

Could somebody tell me how I should do ? Thank you in advance.

395 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Twisterium says

Hi, Musicrayon. I think the answer is “yes”, your should include watermark if this item is present in your exclusive account. But you’re composer. Why don’t you write another one for your web site site? :) Cheers!

936 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
permian says

Hello!
It’s nice to see people from Japan here, ‘cause I’ve been always wondering, why there are no (or too few) guys and gals from Japan and China on AJ. Cheers! :)

As for the topic, I find it strange, why it shouldn’t be allowed. I guess you can use your own music wherever you want, unless you aren’t selling it there. I can be wrong though )

251 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
bodorobodo says

I think the main idea with the watermark is to protect the files from being copied without permission. So, if you have files for sale here, they want to be sure the files are protected everywhere, including your personal website, soundcloud, youtube, facebook or others.

3217 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Hi everyone.

Let me ask about watermark rule. I have own website. and I would like to use music from my AJ portfolio on the website. Do I have to include AJ watermark on those tracks? I’m a exclusive author here. My web site is not selling those music.

Could somebody tell me how I should do ? Thank you in advance.

Hi Musicrayon, the answer to your question is yes. You are allowed to use your music unwatermarked, as an exclusive author, in your own personal projects if it is not geared towards linking or promoting your AJ portfolio.

As exclusive authors, we’re not allowed to post our tracks unwatermarked on sites like soundcloud and youtube, etc, to link back to AJ. Those must always be watermarked. But if you have your own personal video on youtube, for yourself or friends/family for example, not for promoting your work here, you can use your track unmarked.

So it’s up to you to consider if you want to allow the opportunity for the music you sell to be heard unmarked on your site.

Hope that makes things clearer. :)

395 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Twisterium says

Well. Thanks ADG3studios for clearing this question. :)

961 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

So what happens if some one buys your track uses it on Youtube and then some one steals your track off of that Youtube video and uses it in his/hers video and you happen to find it?

23 posts
  • Located in Japan
Musicrayon says

Hi, Musicrayon. I think the answer is “yes”, your should include watermark if this item is present in your exclusive account. But you’re composer. Why don’t you write another one for your web site site? :) Cheers!

Hi Twisterium Thank you for answer. I think the thing you pointed out is very important for composer. We shouldn’t spare effort to create more music.

23 posts
  • Located in Japan
Musicrayon says

Hello!
It’s nice to see people from Japan here, ‘cause I’ve been always wondering, why there are no (or too few) guys and gals from Japan and China on AJ. Cheers! :)

As for the topic, I find it strange, why it shouldn’t be allowed. I guess you can use your own music wherever you want, unless you aren’t selling it there. I can be wrong though )

Hello permian Thank you for your answer. yeah I’ve never see other Japanese here. maybe because 90%of Japanese?unconfident to talk in English. Or They just don’t know about AJ.

23 posts
  • Located in Japan
Musicrayon says

I think the main idea with the watermark is to protect the files from being copied without permission. So, if you have files for sale here, they want to be sure the files are protected everywhere, including your personal website, soundcloud, youtube, facebook or others.

Hi bodorobodo Thank you for your answer.

by
by
by
by
by
by