1196 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Gae47 says

This might be a long post, so apologies for that. :)

I started on Audio Jungle exactly 1 year ago this month and I would just like to thank Envato and all the buyers for allowing me to pursue my lifelong dream of having my compositions heard and used in productions around the world.

I have been a Piano teacher for 20 years and although I enjoy my job, I have always composed music and more than anything else, I have wanted to have some success with my compositions and have them used in some way. Audio Jungle has given me that chance for which I’m eternally grateful. Up until joining, I had only had minimal interest in my music…a few pieces published here and there and I’d sold a few homemade CDs to friends etc.

I uploaded my first track in December 2012 and to my amazement, made a sale on the very first day. I couldn’t believe it and was so happy that I E-mailed my close family to tell them the good news. After 20 years of composing as a hobby, I’d finally made my first proper sale and on the very first day too. Inspired by my initial success, over the next few weeks I busily uploaded about 30-40 of my previously composed pieces while I also worked very hard, composing and uploading about 100 or more new pieces. Sales have continued quite well, reaching a peak in October with 21. Although the last couple of months have taken a sudden nosedive in sales, overall I am very pleased with the 116 that I’ve made this year and remain positive that sales will pick up again in 2014.

My pieces are a bit quirky and maybe a bit old fashioned sounding, but that’s the style I enjoy composing in and so I will continue to compose in that way and hopefully find a niche market. I never ever believed that I would be a top author when I joined, but I have occasionally tried to compose in a more commercial style along the way, having some success with a few pieces.

Over this year, I have learnt a lot more about mixing and arranging, mainly from trial and error, reading threads on the forum and listening to other author’s mixes. I have sold a few extended licenses and one of my pieces currently appears in a cult animation with 500,000 viewers in its first month.

So once again, thank you to Envato, the buyers and authors here at AJ. It’s a wonderful community with amazingly creative and supportive people and I feel honoured to be a part of it.

Have a merry Christmas everyone and here’s to the New Year and any successes it may bring us.

Gaetano

636 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
beepcode says

Congratulations, Gaetano with this “round date” and I wish you success. Merry Christmas :)

1196 posts
+2 more
Gae47 says

Congratulations, Gaetano with this “round date” and I wish you success. Merry Christmas :)

Thanks Beepcode! Merry Christmas to you too!

135 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
maxvic says

Congrats and thanks Gaetano! Merry Christmas! :)

1196 posts
+2 more
Gae47 says

Congrats and thanks Gaetano! Merry Christmas! :)

Merry Christmas Maxvic!

431 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
PurpleFogSound says

Hi Gaetano,

I can really relate to your story on AJ! My first track came out a year and 3 days ago, I too made my first sale on the first couple days, and I’m just trailing behind you in sales, currently at 112.

Well anyway, happy AJ anniversary, and merry christmas!

1196 posts
+2 more
Gae47 says

Hi Gaetano,

I can really relate to your story on AJ! My first track came out a year and 3 days ago, I too made my first sale on the first couple days, and I’m just trailing behind you in sales, currently at 112.

Well anyway, happy AJ anniversary, and merry christmas!

Thanks PurpleFogSound. No doubt, there are many others here with the same experience as us too!

Merry Christmas!

171 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
soundgridmedia says

Congrats bro, my first file was almost 4 years maybe,it sits almost 2 month for the first buyer, i almost desperate with that, but you know what. my first buyer was TimMc Morris, he’s a kind person and humble to. i didn’t notice that person until he become a superstar here. and i blown away by that..and keep making music since then.

545 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

Congrats!

204 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+4 more
GregMusic says

Congratulations Gaetano on a very successful first year! I have really enjoyed your music a lot! I also wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I was wondering how you like teaching piano? It seems like meaningful work to pass on the knowledge of music to future generations, I’ve always had a lot of respect for all my music teachers growing up.

Good wishes on a successful and fruitful second year in the jungle!!

Greg :)

by
by
by
by
by
by