135 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
biala says

So I would like to know why AJ is rejecting vocal tracks? And at the same time I read some comments about Timmcmorris’s items that they are filling some void here. In fact they are creating this void intentionally.

All my vocal tracks were rejected from music section and at the same time some of them approved lately at the TRAX section. !!!

Today I received this ridiculous rejection by ADG3studios of one of my new songs with vocals. Here is the reason of rejection:

“This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria

Nice effort Biala, but this track isn’t going to provide enough general usability for commercial application setting, so we can’t approve it.

Thanks, Adrien “

So why my tracks are not usable but at the same time Tim Mcmorris is selling his vocal tracks? Why they don’t give me a chance to compete for buyers attention???

429 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
thesecession says

Post a track that got rejected on soundcloud so we can take a listen and give you our insights. :)

135 posts
biala says
711 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
plastic3 says

Hey, Biala, not bad song! i think, it was rejected cause of accent and not good vocal note. Write to Tim, i think it can be popular song if he will sing there..:))

135 posts
biala says

Are you kidding?

If the sound or the song is bad I would understand the rejection – but that is not the case.

711 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+4 more
plastic3 says

I’m not kidding..Your song will be better with bright corporate voice..Maybe something bad with text also, my english is not very good to say it for sure..

429 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
thesecession says

I think its a great song! But I agree with plastic, I think the only reason it got rejected was because your accent is a bit strong and its not easy to hear the lyrics. (I don’t think your accent is bad at all though!) Personally I don’t think it should have been rejected but maybe there was some other reasons.

856 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+4 more
AndySlatter Reviewer says

@Biala: Nobody likes to have a file rejected, and reviewers don’t reject without valid reasons, but if you do get a rejection and you are not sure why, the appropriate course of action would be to raise a support ticket which will be assigned to the reviewer in question.

It does not seem very professional to paste a reviewers rejection note onto the forums like this and say that it is “ridiculous”, and I don’t see the value in asking for opinions on the reason given for rejection, the best people to give advice on this are the reviewers.

244 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
W3llm4n says

I completely agree with Plastic 3 about the accent. Im not a native english speaker and for me was hard to understand.

In the other hand, I think you should follow Slat´s advice.. take this as an oportunity to improve yourself as musician, singer and producer.

394 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Dirtyflint says

I can not say anything about accent, (I do not know English). As for the sound track, I think, most people would not have the courage to publish such a mix. Therefore, most reviewers would not be encouraged to take this track. I think that there were no problems, you only need to send work to a more traditional commercial sound, for commercial library to accept your work. Is my opinion.

P.S. I think, ADG3studios – the most benevolent reviewer. He always explains in detail the reasons for refusal, (yes, my files are also reject too). If Adrien did not accept the file, it means that there are reasons for this.

P.S.S. Nikin, Slats, no offense, you too good reviewers. =)).

by
by
by
by
by
by