199 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 3
  • Collector Level 2
+2 more
ivank
says
Lance, if you looking to develop a multiplayer game, you could finsih off Envato World I think it has potential to be really cool :)

You’re “Envato World” is not updated, I’ve changed my logo and name :P

(my previous name was IGIsoftware)

297 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Mo Bro
  • Super Copyright Ninja
  • United States
+4 more
raptour
says

Envato world looks like it has sweet potential. In fact I have an idea for the perfect multilayer variant. It would be like hungry hungry hippos, except your hippos (or another wild animal) would compete to see who could eat the most Envato community members. It has the potential to be the best Envato game EVAAAARRR .

4335 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
+11 more
Reaper-Media
says
Lance, if you looking to develop a multiplayer game, you could finsih off Envato World I think it has potential to be really cool :)

Hey DS, I’ve been thinking about that not too long ago, I’d be happy to take on envato world and collaborate with others to make it into something awesome! Send me an email. :)

2108 posts
  • Envato Team
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Tuts+ Instructor
  • Podster
+10 more
LanceSnider
Envato team
says
Envato world looks like it has sweet potential. In fact I have an idea for the perfect multilayer variant. It would be like hungry hungry hippos, except your hippos (or another wild animal) would compete to see who could eat the most Envato community members. It has the potential to be the best Envato game EVAAAARRR .

Haha! Let’s do it!

DS – Thanks, though I think I’ll start with something a little simpler.

1389 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 5
  • Beta Tester
+9 more
Pdesignx
says

You can use The Union Platform (formerly Unity2 by Collin Moock)

http://www.unionplatform.com/

or you can use oregano server for older versions of actionscript (as2). oreganoserver is free and has some sample applications… but there is neither upcoming versions of it nor support for the current version…

http://www.spicefactory.org/oregano/

or you can keep the most expensive way to do that… you can use FMS :P

5306 posts Interactive Design
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 10
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
+11 more
digitalscience
says
Hey DS, I’ve been thinking about that not too long ago, I’d be happy to take on envato world and collaborate with others to make it into something awesome! Send me an email. :)

Awesome dude, sent you the files.. I’m thinking something using Papervision, players can be 2D but you can rotate around the rooms in 3D… I think that could work :)

by
by
by
by
by
by