• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+3 more
revaxarts says

I have a small conversation with a buyer on the item comments. Since he has the 4 years badge and bought 100+ items he should know how commenting and replying work here.

Unfortunately he doesn’t.

But this is not his fault cause the reply button is misplaced. This topic has also been discussed many time but no changes yet (except new button styles – thanks for that)

So please, please, please devs move the reply to the last reply of a commment!

Thanks

3421 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Yes, please, please do this! I find this incredibly frustrating. I know it’s a silly pet peeve, but it could be very easily resolved with a simple UX improvement.

5753 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Many times we requested but looks like those are not changed as if everything works perfectly here. So for these kind of requests, I would recommend everyone to bug Collis directly. Recently saw him here.

120 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
CodBits says

Not that much experienced like you guys, but I had the same problem recently. I hope, they do it.

97 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
2winFactor says

I have a small conversation with a buyer on the item comments. Since he has the 4 years badge and bought 100+ items he should know how commenting and replying work here.
Unfortunately he doesn’t.

But this is not his fault cause the reply button is misplaced. This topic has also been discussed many time but no changes yet (except new button styles – thanks for that)

So please, please, please devs move the reply to the last reply of a commment!

Thanks

Envato – please listen to this. This is a basic UI issue that has been and issue for years…

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

Envato – please listen to this. This is a basic UI issue that has been and issue for years…

And please, listen a bit more and hide comments urls, for all except user and author. :P

5174 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

The all-seeing eye of KingDog has noticed your petitions :P

I’m going to check how difficult it would be to move it. Thanks!

5753 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

The all-seeing eye of KingDog has noticed your petitions :P I’m going to check how difficult it would be to move it. Thanks!

I think Envato escaped from all the improvement works after appointing you in this job. I mean it makes them NOT to face the problems (means improvements / fixes) and do only the new projects related to growth while our bad experience and sad stories heard only by you. Looks like they just appointed you to smudge and blur the feedbacks that talks about issues. Am I wrong?

May be we are little bit joking and go friendly all the times but you never know how bad the attitude of leaving all those minor fixes to be untouched for years while the number of users facing the same issues are growing rapidly.

5174 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Looks like they just appointed you to smudge and blur the feedbacks that talks about issues. Am I wrong?

Yes, yes you are :)

One of my roles is to make sure that we are aware and listen to voice of our community. The simple truth is our developers often don’t have the time to monitor and participate on the forums as much as they would like. That means we need Community Officers such as myself to make sure that the developers still know what’s going on. Through my reports and my direct contact with the Devs we can judge what things are working, what things need more work, and what areas need priority focus.

I’m not here to sugar coat what you guys want or dish out platitudes to try and satisfy you. I’m here to listen, monitor and serve as your mouthpiece. Sometimes that could even mean that I have to go contrary to a direction that Envato is looking at if our community is indicating it is something they really don’t want or it’s an area that we haven’t fully considered all the angles on.

I’m here to work with you, not against you :)

5753 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Looks like they just appointed you to smudge and blur the feedbacks that talks about issues. Am I wrong?
Yes, yes you are :)

Simply prove it with actions. :)

Most of the members here giving feedbacks and complaints knows well about ethics of profession and tries to be gentle with requests. The problem is not like “Envato is not doing our requests”. It is about not coming up with full set of solutions by Envato’s own efforts while certain fixes are plainly waiting/delaying for years.

May be hard to digest but the reality is certain fixes can’t be done without direct involvement of Collis or other experienced staff’s optimized decisions and plans. Exactly this what lacks a lot here. Just a developer can simply move one button, but may end up with another new issue; we all know exactly what lacks here, right?

by
by
by
by
by
by