30 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+1 more
SimonDaum says

Hello together,

I am quiet new to AJ and have had some pretty good sales in the first three weeks, but, as with some others, it suddenly stopped. I know Josh opened a similar thread about this, but my question is especially to those of you who have been on AJ longer now, and wether you experienced the same thing?

When I first got so many sales I thought “wow, I can’t believe this will go on consistently”.. Could it be that music is easier found by buyers if you are new on AJ? Or did there come a time again where you had many sales again..

Would love to hear some of your experiences :)

Simon

84 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
marcusunlimited says

Hi Simon, I just barely, barely started and have had just two sales. However there seems to be a consensus that sales are down overall this month, and remember with each new upload you appear at the top of the categories page.

If that helps at all.

~Marcus:)

30 posts
+1 more
SimonDaum says

So, we need some rain to get people back to their pc ;) ...

84 posts
  • Located in United States
marcusunlimited says

Thus, the title of our next two tracks: “Rain Dance”

:)

So, we need some rain to get people back to their pc ;) ...
Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

From my experience (over a year in the jungle), it seems pretty pointless to try and make sense of sales patterns. Just worry about making the best music you can, marketing it, and the rest will follow. For instance, this July has been one of my best months so far, absolutely contradicting the slow July thing (in which I did believe myself). So anyways, best luck to you guys! :)

30 posts
+1 more
SimonDaum says

Thanks for sharing your experience.. So, during the year you are on AJ, have your sales gone up and done ?

600 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

I realised a while ago that predicting sales was pointless. Initially sales grew and grew and unfortunately I got cocky and I began adjusting some aspects of my life with the assumption that AudioJungle would cover certain bills. I’ve had months that made me think I’d be a top author soon then other months that made me wonder if my music was dated and garbage.

One thing that will happen for you for sure is that you will grow and get more sales, for a few months each month will get better than the next and before you know it you develop certain expectations (it’s human and it can’t be helped) then you’ll get stuck with a stinker of a month that puts you where you belong. It’s not easy here and at times it really feels like an upwards struggle but I actually must say, unashamedly, that AudioJungle is one of the most rewarding and best experiences I’ve every been part of and the freedom it does give musically whilst still earning music passively is something I truly enjoy.

I don’t write a lot of corporate tracks (but I do every now and then). I mostly write jazz and classical pieces yet have still found a niche here and have made some good money. Im sure you will too and begin to enjoy yourself the way I and many other authors do.

30 posts
+1 more
SimonDaum says

Thanks for sharing your experience ;)

28 posts
+2 more
Phantomatic says

Agree, sales a bit random for me so far… I suddenly got my first extended sale recently (logo), however the views and activity was pretty low. It’s not a huge money ofc, but july is my best earnings month yet. :) It’s cool to have even a few customers who liked your items. Hope the sales, new tracks will come some day.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

Thanks for sharing your experience.. So, during the year you are on AJ, have your sales gone up and done ?
Mostly up with a few exceptions.
by
by
by
by
by
by