2309 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
by being non-exclusive author you already are in different type/ category. And it is up to you to which one to belong. You are not treated, you made the choice.

Don’t try to blame the authors’ choices: You, more than anyone else here, are treating non-exclusive authors as second class citizens by advocating a change in Envato rules to deny privileges to non-exclusives which you want to make available only to exclusive authors.

660 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+1 more
donchev_a says
by being non-exclusive author you already are in different type/ category. And it is up to you to which one to belong. You are not treated, you made the choice.

Don’t try to blame the authors’ choices: You, more than anyone else here, are treating non-exclusive authors as second class citizens by advocating a change in Envato rules to deny privileges to non-exclusives which you want to make available only to exclusive authors.

that’s the reality. Not trying to blame. Check your rate and his rate. When you accuse me of something please use the facts. The facts are that the exclusive and the non-exclusive authors are already into different rate ranges. This is enough to say that we are already different. The rest are just details.

346 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
musicformedia says

Sorry guys, I can understand that you’re pretty annoyed that you don’t get many benefits by selling exclusively, which is exactly why I’d say don’t be exclusive. As an seller on audiojungle, if I was to go exclusive, I would lose a huge amount of money each month.

I sell music on a number of other websites – some of them I make a huge amount more on than audiojungle – to such an extent that if I sell 5 tracks a month on one of them, its worth the same as selling about 25 tracks on audiojungle.

Thats just outrageous. Sorry but if audiojungle gives exclusive buyers anymore benefits, and nothing more to non-exclusive authors, I’m just going to leave here and stop selling my tracks. Its fine if they just want a market of exclusive authors on here – that’s their choice – but don’t try and keep non-exclusive authors and just keep pushing them away by showing favouritism to exclusive authors, and forgetting about non-exclusives.

By the way, I don’t mean to sound angry, as I’m not :)

I hope this makes sense, as I’m bloody tired and watching tv and eating while I type this lol…

76 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
soundroll-music says

donchev_a , You see the seller side only, I think. :) As exclusive author you already have privilages like bigger rate. If you think that you want not to be rejected just because the keywords, that’s not big deal. As a non-exclusive author I don’t have a problem with that at all. (I have language barrier too, but there are many free translators on the web). But… when you say about search system – try to see it from buyer’s point or Envato’s point. I don’t think they will agree with you. :) Maybe just sorting by exclusive – non-exclusive for buyers

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

becoming an excluve author was an mistake i did, unfotunely i realize this just now…non-exclusive authors actually have bigger advantages than exclusive authors if you consider the fact non-exclusive authors can sell else where the same files (and this most probably at better rates than envato). The example of musicformedia is great and shows very valid reasons why becoming an exclusive author is not for the author benefit. From other side, i also can give right to donchev_a and i feel envato schould have some more (or better) features for exclusive authors as only the small difference in earnings % is not enough to call me “exclusive”. If i am going to “lock my files” here, i then for sure can expect better conditions as an exclusive author.

For me it looks like this, an author prefered to become exclusive seller on envato means, that envato marketplace is the first source to sell and income. For an author prefered to be non-exclusive, envato is just not first priority income and sales source. In that case, maybe the exclusive author need to be granded more advantages and non-exclusive authors schould not complain about it if this happens…instead become an exclusive if you want to benefit from the exclusive authors benefits.

At the end of all this, i can say that for the moment non-exclusive authors on envato “feel better” than exclusive authors :-)

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

I think in some of the competitions only exclusive authors should be allowed to participate. ;)

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

well, this is one of the benefits that can be granded to exclusive authors :-) ...but still not enough, serious and more conviencing reasons are needed.

2715 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says

2thomas07 why you don’t become a non-exclusive author again?

I’m an exclusive author and I feel good with it, 100% satisfaction

I know I have not many files, but they are in the making…... the fact is I like to have all my files here, so I can concentrate on the things that here happen, that means forum, comments, new features and all other content, I also love this site and I also saw other Marketplaces for audio and I don’t trust them and also don’t like them!

I guess I’m not the only one that thinks like that :)

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

LOL …do you want to start again? :-)

I say so many times that i dont need advices what to do LOL …what i need is solutions, implementation of new features by envato like improved features for exclusive authors…something that makes the exclusive author “something different” than the non-exclusive…Not that i am so stupid to not be able to become non-exclusive, i can think of this my self without the help or tips by others.

2715 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says

hey it was only 1 question, I don’t start again, people talk and people ask questions…. it’s nothing offended…. a friendly question, cause if you don’t like to be exclusive, you can turn to non-exclusive, thats how it is

btw I don’t give you tips, I asked you a question, and you didn’t answer

by
by
by
by
by
by