2715 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
I don’t like it, cause (like envato said many times) every author should benefit of Envato in any way except the payment rate. I mean why we should fence of non-exclusive authors.. cause they not selling their stuff only envato? when you have 2 kids and 1 of them go more outside than to stay at home, do you give the other kid more opportunities?
buddy it is about business not about kids. ;-)
I know :D but its business for everybody, buddy. you fence them off for little things just like for the uplod process and queue

okay than tell me why ONLY AT&T sells iPhone in USA . They have the exclusive right right to sell that phone?. If you want iPhone than you need to sing up for AT&T. Do you know how many times I asked myself to leave my current provider and to switch to AT&T just because of the exclusive product? ;-)

And do you know how many did…. we can check if you want. :)

I don’t know.. tell me… exclusive product, exclusive rights? you can buy the iphone everywhere

when I want a iPhone, I buy one from Swisscom (swiss provider) or from an Apple Store in Zurich (swiss city).... so why should I care that AT&T just sells their iPhone’s in USA ?

660 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+1 more
donchev_a says
about the approval. I do not try to discover the warm water. You just need to check the biggest stock site in the world. I took that idea 1×1 from there. It is regarding ONLY to the KEYWORDS . I am not talking about the qualitiy or other requirements. Just simple thing like the keywording.

I don’t care how small an allowance you make, any system that allows authors to take less care with their uploads will ultimately degrade the system for everyone.

okay let me give you an example. I have a friend and he is one of the top sellers now on the Hive. He is Bulgarian and has difficulties with the language. Still he has awesome knowledges and skills. Let say he has new upload and one keyword is misspelled not because he did not paid enough attention but because of the language barrier. So being exclusive will give him a little advantage. :)

Otherwise he needs to wait again 3-5 days.

660 posts
+1 more
donchev_a says
Yeah mail me some links to the specific sites you’ve been looking at cus this concept is quite an interesting one, me and Jay have always said that exlusives should have more benefits than just the rate change :)

message sent.

900 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I got ya ;)

660 posts
+1 more
donchev_a says
Im alittle unsure as to what you actually mean when you say reviewers can change Keywords? incorrect file names? are less than 10% of rejections, and its very often not a mis spell but not, even bothering to name them correctly at all-so not following the FAQ , I dont see why an author exclusive or not should be approved on something like that which cannot be blamed on language barriers

let say you submit video player. And instead to write “player” you wrote “pleyer”. Why to wait another 5 days? Just thoughts, by the way once when you see my message you’ll get the whole point.

Useless to say that the site that i sent you goes even further. Helps you to pick the right words. (or to delete the wrong). Again for the exclusives only.

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
Im alittle unsure as to what you actually mean when you say reviewers can change Keywords? incorrect file names? are less than 10% of rejections, and its very often not a mis spell but not, even bothering to name them correctly at all-so not following the FAQ , I dont see why an author exclusive or not should be approved on something like that which cannot be blamed on language barriers
let say you submit video player. And instead to write “player” you wrote “pleyer”. Why to why another 5 days? Just thoughts, by the way once when you see my message you’ll get the whole point.

but it shouldn’t be only for exclusive…. that’s not fair, isn’t it? a non-exclusive author should be rejected cause he wrote pleyer not player, but the exlusive authors file is approved?

explain it!! :D

900 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

Useless to say that the site that i sent you goes even further. Helps you to pick the right words. (or to delete the wrong). Again for the exclusives only.

Been having a good read through on that site you sent me, thanks :) Brings up some things to light. Currently reviewers are asked to edit tags/ keywords if needed, if tags are wrong authors are not asked to edit them themselves as this would just slow down the process for everyone benefiting no one

In regards to mis spelt words I have always felt, especially due to how many nationalities we have on then den that it is about time that reviewers were given the go ahead to be abit more easy going on authors in regards to mis spelt words, however i do not feel that this should be a right reserved for exclusives only.

2715 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
however i do not feel that this should be a right reserved for exclusives only.

exactly the way I think..

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
In regards to mis spelt words I have always felt, especially due to how many nationalities we have on then den that it is about time that reviewers were given the go ahead to be abit more easy going on authors in regards to mis spelt words, however i do not feel that this should be a right reserved for exclusives only.

I agree. Especially for words in the file title, as that projects the “first impression” of not only the file but of Envato too.

And it is obvious that implementing a system based on this to penalize non-exclusivity will really only address a tiny fraction of non-exclusive authors: those who are not proficient in English and who actually care about a 2-3 day delay for resubmission (assuming their files are even rejected for simple spelling mistakes anyway .. which is not always the case. I see spelling mistakes in accepted uploads all the time.)

152 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
new says

Hello,

I have looked through this thread, and I noticed one thing that will make everyone understand why these ideas will never work. Everyone who has posted in this thread is exclusive. And rough guess here, 80% of all flashden authors are exclusvive. So what does that mean? That means that the majority will get these bonuses which isn’t ideal to the managers.

But what?

Here it is in a nutshell:

(normal stock)

Majority(80%) – 25% commissions

[exclusive] – Minority(20%) – 50% commissions + other bonuses

footnote: To become exclusive its not as easy to click a button. You need to have some skills, or have passed a test.

(flashden)

[exclusive] – Majority(80%) – 40% commissions

Minority(20%) – 25% commissions

footnote: Because it is so easy to become exclusive most people have pressed the button and have become ‘exclusive’, why I put so little emphasison the word exclusive is because so many have become exclusive that it should be changed from exclusive to want to have more commsion with no skill? Now I’m not saying that all ‘exclusive’ authors have no skill, but to become exclusive there is no test, no defining factor that makes you exclusive except that you can not put your stock files anywhere else but the envato stock community. Which really isn’t much of a requirment seeing that envato is the biggest community for stock files.

Only suggestion I have on exclusivity :

Higher quality is needed to become exclusive, so instead of by clicking a button someone reviews your files before making you exclusive.

by
by
by
by
by
by