• Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
michaelhejja says

I definitely like the idea of letting buyers know that certain files can only be found on FlashDen. Great ideas, donchev!

900 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

Some really good ideas here, not too sure about the ones relating to the upload process but definately having a filter for exclusive products is a good idea, infact I dont see why this couldnt be set as the default then buyers would have to choose ‘all files’ if they wanted to see both exclusive & non-exclusive. :)

660 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says
Some really good ideas here, not too sure about the ones relating to the upload process but definately having a filter for exclusive products is a good idea, infact I dont see why this couldnt be set as the default then buyers would have to choose ‘all files’ if they wanted to see both exclusive & non-exclusive. :)

ooo yeeee. The upload is “a must” benefit. Smoother uploading process for the exclusives means more HAPPY exclusive authors -> means more UNIQUE files ->means BETTER sales -> means BIGGER Envato -> means BETTER COMMUNITY ... means a lot. One of the major keys of a best stock site.

I can send you links to other web site… bigger than the whole Envato. Just to check our clocks with the reality.
:)

2715 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
DanielKeller says

I like the feature letting the buyer know that the file is exclusive!

I don’t like the rest of them, cause (like envato said many times) every author should benefit of Envato in any way except the payment rate. I mean why we should fence of non-exclusive authors.. cause they not selling their stuff only envato?

when you have 2 kids and 1 of them go more outside than to stay at home, do you give the other kid more opportunities?

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says
I don’t like it, cause (like envato said many times) every author should benefit of Envato in any way except the payment rate. I mean why we should fence of non-exclusive authors.. cause they not selling their stuff only envato? when you have 2 kids and 1 of them go more outside than to stay at home, do you give the other kid more opportunities?

buddy it is about business not about kids. ;-)

2715 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
+3 more
DanielKeller says
I don’t like it, cause (like envato said many times) every author should benefit of Envato in any way except the payment rate. I mean why we should fence of non-exclusive authors.. cause they not selling their stuff only envato? when you have 2 kids and 1 of them go more outside than to stay at home, do you give the other kid more opportunities?

I know :D but its business for everybody, buddy. you fence them off for little things just like for the uplod process and queue… more happy exclusive authors... BUT more angry non-exclusive authors

755 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
skyplugins says

I like the idea ++

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says
I know :D but its business for everybody, buddy. you fence them off for little things just like for the uplod process and queue

okay than tell me why ONLY AT&T sells iPhone in USA ? They have the exclusive right right to sell that phone?. If you want iPhone than you need to sing up for AT&T. Do you know how many times I asked myself to leave my current provider and to switch to AT&T just because of the exclusive product? ;-)

And do you know how many did…. we can check if you want. :)

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
theflyingtinman says
about the approval. I do not try to discover the warm water. You just need to check the biggest stock site in the world. I took that idea 1×1 from there. It is regarding ONLY to the KEYWORDS . I am not talking about the qualitiy or other requirements. Just simple thing like the keywording.

I don’t care how small an allowance you make, any system that allows authors to take less care with their uploads will ultimately degrade the system for everyone.

900 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

ooo yeeee. The upload is “a must” benefit. Smoother uploading process for the exclusives means more HAPPY exclusive authors -> means more UNIQUE files ->means BETTER sales -> means BIGGER Envato -> means BETTER COMMUNITY ... means a lot. One of the major keys of a best stock site.

By smoother are you meaning having 2 queues then? Or do you mean if their file is rejected getting them an approval faster?

I can send you links to other web site… bigger than the whole Envato. Just to check our clocks with the reality.
:)

Yeah mail me some links to the specific sites you’ve been looking at cus this concept is quite an interesting one, me and Jay have always said that exlusives should have more benefits than just the rate change :)

by
by
by
by
by
by