48 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
catherinehills Dev says

Here you go:

1. Sub-accounts for employees. Essentially being able to give someone else access to post updates, edit item descriptions and other repetitive tasks but wihout access to my financials.
  2. Automatic commission splits for multi-author items.
  3. Search item comments.
  4. Specify exclusivity on a per item basis.
  5. Specify extended license option on a per item basis.
Some of your competition already offer ALL of these features (with the possible exception of #1) so you should really get serious about this stuff. My bet is I could get in a time machine, go 10 years into the future and number 4 and 5 still won’t be available.
@Parallelus it would be really great if we could get a little bit more detail re: your first point about sub-accounts and what you consider repetitive tasks?
I would consider everything involved in updating an item a repetitive task. Updating the item description, uploading files, replying to comments, etc. I don’t consider account information something I want to delegate responsibility to other users, I do want to give someone else the ability to be a moderator for my comments or have access to edit an item. If I worked with another author, like I’ve done with Bebel a couple times, I would like the option in that specific item to grant that user access to edit/update the item and also reply to user comments. This would be great to have controls at the top level for the account and individual ones for each item.

Parallelus, thank you so much for your reply. This is excellent feedback. If anyone else has any more feedback to add to this thread, we’re listening :)

194 posts
  • Canada
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
KBRmedia says

Hey Catherine,

I really love this update but if you guys can also add the weekly stats widget that would be really great as these two are the main things an author looks for when they visit the dashboard from their phone or tablet: We would only need to bookmark and visit one page instead of two then.

Josh

195 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
yshanti says

Loved the home screen icon on iPhone Thanks envato :D

195 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
yshanti says

I have some suggestions from my side and by other authors:

1. The item screenshot viewer isn’t practical. http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/viewing-themeforest-psds-is-not-practical/106207

2. Do i need to think twice before following an author and displaying their items on homepage? it would be nice to have an option to show only the last item for that author. extremely needed if you’re following one of photodune authors due to their very frequent uploads

3. i also would like to see a full list of my followers and the members i’m following instead of showing only 9!

4. Improving the analytics system, and have them as widgets shown on the author’s dashboard instead of going to a whole another page? am i right about this

5. simple counter of how much one of your items has been viewed. day/month/all time …

I think i have many other suggestions in mind, but really think the above are needed + the other suggestions made by parallelus and other authors

Thanks envato :D we love you <3

48 posts
  • Envato Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
catherinehills Dev says

I have some suggestions from my side and by other authors: 1. The item screenshot viewer isn’t practical. http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/viewing-themeforest-psds-is-not-practical/106207

2. Do i need to think twice before following an author and displaying their items on homepage? it would be nice to have an option to show only the last item for that author. extremely needed if you’re following one of photodune authors due to their very frequent uploads

3. i also would like to see a full list of my followers and the members i’m following instead of showing only 9!

4. Improving the analytics system, and have them as widgets shown on the author’s dashboard instead of going to a whole another page? am i right about this

5. simple counter of how much one of your items has been viewed. day/month/all time …

I think i have many other suggestions in mind, but really think the above are needed + the other suggestions made by parallelus and other authors

Thanks envato :D we love you <3

Thanks Yshanti, we appreciate your feedback and also supporting other feature suggestions made by other authors on this subject. If you have more suggestions you would like to add, we are happy to hear them. :)

48 posts
  • Envato Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
catherinehills Dev says

Loved the home screen icon on iPhone Thanks envato :D

Thanks Yshanti! Yes it’s a nice and necessary touch :D

48 posts
  • Envato Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
catherinehills Dev says

Hey Catherine,

I really love this update but if you guys can also add the weekly stats widget that would be really great as these two are the main things an author looks for when they visit the dashboard from their phone or tablet: We would only need to bookmark and visit one page instead of two then.

Josh

Hey Josh :) thanks for this suggestion – it’s definitely something we’ll be looking at adding in.

48 posts
  • Envato Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
catherinehills Dev says

I don’t know for the other authors, but for me, it’s very useful. So – many thanks Envato devs and keep up the good work! I used to use external mobile apps to check my balance and the buyers comments but now for me it’s easier to check all these when I travel. I know we’ll always expect more from Envato marketplaces, but success and perfection is not a one day process, it can be accomplished only step-by-step.

Greenline thanks for your feedback, we’re really happy to hear we’ve improved ease of use for this particular part of the item management interface via your mobile device.

2820 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Just some issues scrolling / clicking on links within the responsive menu area and profile bar (eg: trying to scroll down to find a “forums” menu item doesn’t work). Is this a sneaky peaky of the new responsive marketplace menus? :) looks good!

91 posts
  • Envato Developer
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
bensmithett Dev says

Just some issues scrolling / clicking on links within the responsive menu area and profile bar (eg: trying to scroll down to find a “forums” menu item doesn’t work). Is this a sneaky peaky of the new responsive marketplace menus? :) looks good!

Hey dtbaker, there’s no link to the forums (or any of these links) in the responsive navigation yet.

Can you describe the scrolling/clicking issues you’re having & the device/browser you’re using?

by
by
by
by
by
by