Presentations. Love them or hate them, we’ve all sat through those bad boardroom meetings, and hopefully we’ve all been inspired by an innovative talk or conference presentation. Even our founder, Collis, has done his fair share of presentations. The media that accompanies a person’s thoughts can make or break a talk. That’s right, this month, we’re holding a contest for the very best Presentation Template!
Personal side story: I love presentation design. Don’t get me wrong, I love all our GraphicRiver categories, but if there’s one humble category that I have a sentimental fondness for, it’s the Presentation Templates category. When I graduated college, fresh-faced and naive, my first big break was working in the in-house design department for a major medical corporation. While I got to do many media projects, one of the biggest requests from corporate workers and executives (and ones most often handed to new designers) were presentations—LOTS and LOTS of presentations. I got to know every PowerPoint trick and hack in the book while I was there. I gained a deep respect for a perfectly designed presentation. Designing a presentation template that is bold enough to be eye-catching, yet clean and effortless enough to be useable, is not an easy task.
So that’s why I’m excited to award prizes for the very best Presentation Template design! Sharpen those bulletpoints, rev up those transitions, and read on!
The PrizesThis time, the prizes up for grabs are fantastic for authors looking for new ways to promote their files! Here’s the goods:
- Rare simultaneous featured author/file status for the week! Both you and your winning design will be featured on the homepage! Should you have enough items in your portfolio to warrant it, your items are also eligible for a featured collection!
- Honorable mention in the Envato Community Podcast during the GraphicRiver news segment!
- $20 in Marketplace credits to spend.
- Promotion, via Twitter, at various times through out the week.
- A shiny new “Won a Competition” badge, for all to admire and envy!
The CompetitionThis time around, we’re looking for the very best example of presentation design in our Presentation Template category. Any template file (PowerPoint or Keynote), submitted to the Presentation Template category between August 30th and September 12th is eligible! (Items need not be APPROVED within those times, only submitted. If your item is approved after the deadline, it will still be considered. Items submitted before today but still in queue will also be considered). We’re looking for the most sophisticated, modern, sexy presentation to put all other hack slideshows and bulleted lists to shame. Blow us away!
Need inspiration? Check out WorkAwesome’s post on Creative PowerPoint and Keynote Presentation Designs!
- Winners will be chosen at the discretion of the Site Manager and with the assistance of the GraphicRiver review team. All decisions are final.
- File must be submitted by September 12th, 12pm Central Standard time, to be considered.
- All files must meet GraphicRiver standards and be approved for consideration.
- Winning file must stay on the site for at least 6 months after submission.
That’s it! Get those presentations in and have fun! If you have any questions on the competition, please ask in this thread and I’ll be glad to answer them.
Finally a competition I might be able to participate in! Thank you Amanda!
I’ll be working on something for this. Great news.. thanks.
Cool this is the right time I think for me to submit my new presentation. Thanks Amanda. Here we go!
Finished and uploaded!
wow, that was fast