136 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

All the marketing campaigns such as bundles and discounts leads to forgetting the primary value of items. It is already difficult to make buyers to understand the individual human work behind products.

This.

894 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
infuse01 says

I would rather recommend to raise prices and make everything cost the double (40$ > 80$, 20$ > 40$,...).

THEN we can talk again about bundles and discounts…like the “italian way” of “summer sales”. :D

In the current state I wouldn’t recommend to do any further bundles. Maybe only 2 or 3 a year but that should be enough. Any more bundles will destroy the whole market I believe. But why am I saying that?

• Not everyone has so much experience in creating digital goods and can value the amount of work. Most likely not every customer would buy an item which isn’t in an bundle. The majority will probably wait until a bundle comes out, buys that bundle and simply works with what they’ve got. As am_themes pointed out, the items become more and more similar what also means that the client won’t bother if there are some minor differences.
  • Many people already don’t really value the amount of work behind an item. The most think if they buy an item for 40$ then customization is a) included or b) can’t cost more than 20$.
  • Authors are selling themselves undervalued in every way – just to get more sales. Of course there is nothing wrong with that since competition can also be very good, but don’t compete to death. Now it seems that buyers start contests on the forums to find the best appropriate theme and authors are going to play that game. It is almost sickening. Do we really want to force that way?

So far for my feedback and my solution :)

327 posts
    Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
TimOstanin says

I would rather recommend to raise prices and make everything cost the double (40$ > 80$, 20$ > 40$,...).

THEN we can talk again about bundles and discounts…like the “italian way” of “summer sales”. :D

In the current state I wouldn’t recommend to do any further bundles. Maybe only 2 or 3 a year but that should be enough. Any more bundles will destroy the whole market I believe. But why am I saying that?

• Not everyone has so much experience in creating digital goods and can value the amount of work. Most likely not every customer would buy an item which isn’t in an bundle. The majority will probably wait until a bundle comes out, buys that bundle and simply works with what they’ve got. As am_themes pointed out, the items become more and more similar what also means that the client won’t bother if there are some minor differences.
  • Many people already don’t really value the amount of work behind an item. The most think if they buy an item for 40$ then customization is a) included or b) can’t cost more than 20$.
  • Authors are selling themselves undervalued in every way – just to get more sales. Of course there is nothing wrong with that since competition can also be very good, but don’t compete to death. Now it seems that buyers start contests on the forums to find the best appropriate theme and authors are going to play that game. It is almost sickening. Do we really want to force that way?
So far for my feedback and my solution :)

I agree

by
by
by
by
by
by