Half_Light_SoundStudio Recent Posts
Threads Started
537 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Half_Light_SoundStudio says

Does anyone use a MIDI drum set (hooked up with USB)? I miss the feel of a real drum set (as opposed to sequencing or playing the drums on the keyboard keys). I would like to get a real one, but I don’t have the proper facilities to record or avoid problems with the authorities (live in an apartment lol). If anyone does, any suggestions on brand, model? Thanks! Hey, whatever method you have of recording drums or beats, share them! :) Thanks guys!

1935 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
matsteiner says

Hi Mate

I’m not a drummer myself, but as much as I heard around, ROland has some really good affordable nice E-Drums which will work perfect for triggering over USB/Midi.
At the moment I consider to buy such a drumkit too and the kit of my choice (for low budget but good quality) would be this: http://www.rolandmusik.ch/product03.asp?pID=1380&cID=19

If you spend some more money, of course you will get much better kit with mesh heads which are more natural to play than the rubber pads.

465 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
NoizMan says

At the moment I consider to buy such a drumkit too and the kit of my choice (for low budget but good quality) would be this: http://www.rolandmusik.ch/product03.asp?pID=1380&cID=19

If you spend some more money, of course you will get much better kit with mesh heads which are more natural to play than the rubber pads.

I recorded a drummer at his home with an older version of this one. Not bad. It can mess the midi signal sometimes ( you can get an extra snare with a cymbal hit ), but editing midi is not the biggest pain in the world.

A midi drum also causes some noise as a result of the pads being pounded and this noise will be really weird and meaningless for a neighbour. Just don’t record your drums at late night and I think you will not have problems ;)

Good Luck :)

71 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Gorynich says

If you can solder, it’s simple to make yourself. Everything you need is here: http://www.megadrum.info/

Look at my drums:)

MYDRUMS

104 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United Kingdom
MatthewTanner says

Does anyone use a MIDI drum set (hooked up with USB)? I miss the feel of a real drum set (as opposed to sequencing or playing the drums on the keyboard keys). I would like to get a real one, but I don’t have the proper facilities to record or avoid problems with the authorities (live in an apartment lol). If anyone does, any suggestions on brand, model? Thanks! Hey, whatever method you have of recording drums or beats, share them! :) Thanks guys!

I’ve tried both – midi drums are OK, but I feel that you need to spend loads to get a decent sense of playability. I ended up getting a real kit and I choose my times carefully and play it v. quietly. Can sound so much better than midi kit IMO, but is obviously loads more trouble to record and get a decent sound.

by
by
by
by
by
by