78 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
AdamAldo says

Hey everyone, I’m looking into buying some authentic, real sounding drum software. I’ve heard studio drummer and addictive drums are good. What virtual-instrument plugins would you guys recommend?

354 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
brandonamatias says

Would highly recommend Steven Slate Drum Samples. GREAT sounding drums. A lot of the pros in the industry use his samples to beef up the drums

2005 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

I use all the Toontrack Drums, I really love them and they sound great TOO!
I’m a reseller for those (among other stuff), probably I could even get you those for a lower price than you get it elsewhere (no problem if in the USA). But we would have to calculate this in case you are interested.

190 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
SoundBevy says

I have been using Addictive Drums and am quite happy with the versatility, I have heard Steven Slate Drum Samples rock as well as Brandon mentioned, haven’ used them personally…. yet. I also use my Alesis DM 10 Studio Kit. You should be pretty satisfied with either SSD Samples or AD. Good luck and look forward to some funky beats.

662 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
Allegro120 says

I’m a reseller for those (among other stuff), probably I could even get you those for a lower price than you get it elsewhere (no problem if in the USA). But we would have to calculate this in case you are interested.

+1

78 posts
AdamAldo says

Thanks everyone! I’m going to do some research on each of these and maybe run some demos. Appreciate the insight :)

189 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
JohnWiser says

Mat, is there a demo version to try out ToonTrack Drums? They sound fantastic on the site, but like anything, I would like to route them in my pads and give them a run before I buy.

78 posts
AdamAldo says

Seems like AD is popular for its user friendly interface and ease of use, however SSD has a superior sound all around. The room sound is better off muted in AD, and I think SSD has more options to choose from. I think I’ve made my choice :)

2005 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Mat, is there a demo version to try out ToonTrack Drums? They sound fantastic on the site, but like anything, I would like to route them in my pads and give them a run before I buy.
No, unfortunately there is no demo version – would be huge files anyway…! But in my experience nobody was disappointed yet! Great sound and very user friendly. You can also download the manual btw. to find out how it’s working. And listen to my tracks :) I used no other Drum yet except the electronic stuff (Stylus RMX), but I have all the expansions (SDX & EZX). I love the “bleed” function very much for controlling how much the microphones “bleed”, e.g. how much HiHat or Snare you have on the Overhead and also the great Grooves coming with it, so I don’t play all myself, especially not the fills (since I’m not a drummer…). With it’s 32 PlugIn Audio Outputs it’s a great joy to mix each single element in your DAW instead in the Drum PlugIn – it’s like mixing a real drum.
75 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
lion-audio says

I really need to mention bfd2 in this thread here. i Know AD and consider bfd2 superior by faaaar. it doesn’t get any better than this, i think, if you are into natural sounding drums, configuration-ease and “playability”. cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by