854 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Originally Posted on Envato Notes

notes-microlancerApril 2nd was a big day for the Envato team as we launched the open Beta of our new marketplace for freelance services, Microlancer. You can now freely explore the site and buy services!

Microlancer allows those interested in digital creative services like logo design or photo retouching to easily connect with freelancers who have these skills. By creating a platform which allows freelancers to operate their own virtual store-front and to spell out all of the terms of their service upfront to customers, we are taking a different approach to the model used on many other freelance marketplaces.

The focus of the site is to make everything easier for both the buyer and freelancer. A buyer knows everything that they will get upfront, things like how much a service costs and how many revisions they will get. The freelancer doesn’t have to bid for jobs or actively compete against other freelancers for the same job – instead, buyers choose who they want to work with directly based on their service offering. Collis (Envato’s CEO) explained it this way:

Freelance marketplaces are a billion dollar industry, but current sites are virtually all based on the premise of quoting for a job. It’s like going to a hairdresser and having them bid and quote on your particular hair. Some types of service work are better done with fixed price, fixed services. We’re bringing that mindset to creative / tech freelancing.
We launched Microlancer in a private Beta just over a month ago and the feedback we received from our users during that stage has been instrumental in helping us get the site ready for this open Beta – so a big thank you from all of us on the Microlancer team to everyone who has participated and provided us with feedback! We intend to continue with this demand-driven development after the public launch and ongoing. A big focus in the coming months for the team will be deciding which creative fields to expand into after launch, a choice which will be largely guided by what our buyers and service providers are asking for (video based services are looking to be a hot contender for an area we’ll be moving into soon!).

Microlancer is available now for everyone to use in public Beta. Currently we are focusing on services in the creative and graphic design categories, but we’re looking to rapidly expand this offering. If you’re interested in selling creative services on Microlancer, you can register your interest in becoming a service provider.

Want to explore the services available right now? Take a look at what our service providers can do for you!

279 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
candeed says

Congratulation, Microlancer Team for the open beta. We’re happy being involved in it. Thanks.

BTW, some questions:

- Is there any chance in the future for referral / affiliate program (like other marketplace) so service providers can get additional revenue by driving their own clients to Microlancer ? (I mean like using Microlancer’s service & technology as mediator of their own projects with their own clients)

- Is there any written legal agreement that bound clients so they are not allowed to modify and re-sell service provider’s work ?

- Will service provider’s sales counted / accumulated with sales on other Envato marketplace (to define commision percentage and paw badges) ?

:grin:

Thanks

61 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
RafalBorowski says

Are you going to add more categories (not only design related) shortly? In open beta? After official launch?

185 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FlatlineRo says

Hello, as a newcomer to the freelance domain I need some help. If your service is required should you post sketch versions before or after you start the job.

I’m thinking that I should add one sketch of what I can do before I start the job so that he can understand my limitations and not disappoint but on the other hand he can copy the sketches and leave me in the dust.

Or should I Start the Job and if he does not like something along the way can I decline working without losing a form of respect that comes with “enter in a dispute”.

Please advise me.

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says

A video editing category would be nice for those who buy videohive stuff and needs things changed. I would use that category for sure when it’s added.

1257 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

I like you progress! I think that Microlancer will be on the top soon! :)

599 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
addeystock says

A video editing category would be nice for those who buy videohive stuff and needs things changed. I would use that category for sure when it’s added.

+1 I wonder why video editing category is not added? :(

309 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
DarkLand says

+1 I wonder why video editing category is not added? :(

I’m also waiting for that category.., :|

177 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
DragonSigh says

Any active jobs, someone? :) Or it’s not available at this time?

3927 posts After Effects Templates
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

Any active jobs, someone? :) Or it’s not available at this time?

I got the job the but i’m little frustrated there is no NOTIFICATION! that job is PENDING
Client is waiting 2 days awwwwww.

@Jordan – do you want me to send email about this issue?

by
by
by
by
by
by