9 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Ireland
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Melodee says

I would recomend the Sure “sm58 a beta’ which has a little bit more top end and pressence than the standard sm58. It is much sweeter on the top end and has a much stronger output level.. It is totally worth the extra few bucks.

689 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Poland
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
FxProSound says

It depends on your voice sound, some prefers Sm58, some BETA, I like for my voice EV ND257 and Shure Beta Green 5.1. In general from my experience:

: - for strong rock vocals better buy dynamic than condenser, for light voices – condensers

- Sennheisers are more sensitive but Shures are more feedback resistant

- for lower sounding vocals try AKG D3700, Electrovoice

- Beta is more crispy than SM58, but both are very fall and shock resistant on scene, but beware of fake chinese Shures

- condensers on stage – find super or hiper cardioid – less problems with wedge monitors

244 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
DanHoodMusic says

It depends on your voice sound, some prefers Sm58, some BETA, I like for my voice EV ND257 and Shure Beta Green 5.1. In general from my experience:

: - for strong rock vocals better buy dynamic than condenser, for light voices – condensers

- Beta is more crispy than SM58, but both are very fall and shock resistant on scene, but beware of fake chinese Shures

- condensers on stage – find super or hiper cardioid – less problems with wedge monitors

This is about right… Depends on the singer, but I prefer a Beta58 or Senn e835 (my go to) for strong male vocals… for female vocals, I prefer the Beta 87. More expensive, but much more sensitive since a lot of the vocalists I work with don’t like to get on the mic like they need to…

662 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PaBlikMM says

Oh, of course i mean SM58 BETA in my previous post :) Thats for sure!

DanHood – Thanx for the tip for Senn e835 – will try it!

CHA!

128 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Russian Federation
EvgenyEmelyanov says

As I think SM58 is the best choise :) love this mic

by
by
by