44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Russian Federation
MaxRazumov says

Guys, you do not understand my question. I understand that without a strong track final compression sounds cleaner. But buyers of our tracks are not always able to make their own maximization, such as Maximizer L2. What do you think can be spread every track in two versions? On the final compression to -10 dB, and a second version without the final compression?

419 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
boomopera says

Guys, you do not understand my question. I understand that without a strong track final compression sounds cleaner. But buyers of our tracks are not always able to make their own maximization, such as Maximizer L2. What do you think can be spread every track in two versions? On the final compression to -10 dB, and a second version without the final compression?

It sounds like a good idea to include some of the different version of the tracks, as far as maximisation is concerned… But instead of going into trouble and uploading the -10, or -15 versions, you could write a note in the description that you can do it for free for every buyer if necessary.

just my 2cents

cheers

86 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
pietrogirardi says

Louder vs. softer: louder always wins. The nice pretty girl in the marketing department (gosh, I love this image, I’ll never be grateful enough to Pavel) could not even imagine there’s something called “loudness war”, or be aware of issues/artifacts due to over-compression or over-limiting.

If anybody would need a quieter or uncompressed version of your track, he might ask. But I bet nobody has been asked so far.

25 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
CrabbaBuzz says

Very Good Thread!
I think it would be better to sell both – mastered and unmastered .I mean—-include two versions in archive.
Here some example – man who bought your song want to put voiceover, but it would be difficult because song is mastered , eq and compresson added and limiter squashed to hell. (I know it because its really hard to put watermark on some of my songs)

So it would be better to give buyers more options – umastered versions, short vertions, variations.
Good Night by the way))

184 posts
  • Located in Serbia
Sonic_System says

Louder vs. softer: louder always wins. The nice pretty girl in the marketing department (gosh, I love this image, I’ll never be grateful enough to Pavel) could not even imagine there’s something called “loudness war”, or be aware of issues/artifacts due to over-compression or over-limiting. If anybody would need a quieter or uncompressed version of your track, he might ask. But I bet nobody has been asked so far.

+1.

491 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
Sky-Productions says

Definitely master your tracks if you want to be competitive :)

206 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
reubenchng says

Mastering tracks, making your tracks louder dynamically would give perception that its better plus I think many buyers would want something already well done.

by
by
by
by
by
by