• Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I know this May have come up before but i think the issue is getting worse month by month.

With now over 6911 Items in the logo category i think it would be a great idea to get there own marketplace as they clutter up the homepage, at the mo 19 are up there, and as they don’t sell very well or sell in large number it stop other file that could be selling thus reducing the earning power of a lot of authors. i am not moaning in relation to my file as it has been a while since i upload a new file.

I just think they would be better off on there own site with may be some feature links to drive people to relevant item on graphics river, could call it LogoCave then the logos could shine all together and be sorted better

I just feel sale on the site would improve by not filling half the home page with files that do not sell very often, or take time to sell, a lot of the time logo do not sell any copies when they are on the home page!

Be interesting to see other views on this

6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

name must be about snow and the logo should be a polar bear or a PENGUIN !

204 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Azerbaijan
UltraDesigns says

+1 :) I like name Logocave ;)

113 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
DesignDeposit says

I agree that logos, due to their price and function, are not much of an impulse buy and therefore they do not benefit from front page exposure as much as other items.

Unfortunately though, I think a logo marketplace on its own would be too diluted and wouldn’t be sustainable.

Perhaps now that the logo category has been adequately popularised it is time to raise the quality requirements of those items. Some logos are very well done and catch my eye, but there are also some that are pretty average.

983 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

I must agree with a new marketplace for logos. I have done 50+ logos, but I have also full portfolio of styles, actions, web elements, etc. and if someone is going through my portfolio he needs to go through all logos to find other graphics and this might be very unsuitable for many of possible buyers.

I think that there are 2 kinds of people. First one is looking for graphical elements or tools and the second is in search of logo. Both would be happy to filter my portfolio with categories or clicking to separate logo portfolio in new marketplace.

2077 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I agree that logos, due to their price and function, are not much of an impulse buy and therefore they do not benefit from front page exposure as much as other items.

Unfortunately though, I think a logo marketplace on its own would be too diluted and wouldn’t be sustainable.

Perhaps now that the logo category has been adequately popularized it is time to raise the quality requirements of those items. Some logos are very well done and catch my eye, but there are also some that are pretty average.

It a bit of a hard one, but it would be a improvement to raise the quality by 3 or 4 fold to make a difference.

My main issue is still the fact so much of the homepage is taken up with logo files that are unlikely to sell, as they are less of an impulse buy. which reduces the sales of Graphicriver i feel.

1394 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Stylius says

I don’t see it as a good idea. :P The logo category on graphicriver works great, it brings potential buyers from other categories and the logo buyers are also potential buyers for other files. It works fine, I understand that Envato needed a category for photography, but logos are not that many and (sorry) they are not that important. :)

933 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
graphicmind says

I think vectors and logos on a separate marketplace would be good since like mentioned, logos probably wouldn’t do well alone.

983 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

I don’t see it as a good idea. :P The logo category on graphicriver works great, it brings potential buyers from other categories and the logo buyers are also potential buyers for other files. It works fine, I understand that Envato needed a category for photography, but logos are not that many and (sorry) they are not that important. :)

With a good promotion and seo it should works great as new marketplace, with more categories and other search possibilities.

You can’t say they are not that important and now there is almost 7000 logos and growing really fast. It is more then all files on Codecanyon, Tutorials, 3D Ocean, ThemeForest and I believe, soon will jump over the Activeden number of files, which is now around 11.600.

6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
doru says

+1 :) I like name Logocave ;)

bears live in caves, could work. or maybe bats. To the BatCave!

by
by
by
by
by
by