512 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
JonBuice says

So im just about finished with this tune people more than one persons have told me that the 2nd part of the “doesn’t have enough stuff”. So i stopped the upload and am thinking of arranging it differently. Any suggestions? like what instrumentation to add during the break down parts? (where its just piano bass and drums)

http://soundcloud.com/jbuice/making-progress-watermarked
39 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Sweden
descara says

I liked the break parts, I thought they changed things up nicely. If anything, I felt the main section might be the problem, as it lacks any kind of really distinct melody.

Great stuff nonetheless, though!

512 posts
+5 more
JonBuice says

Thanks for the feedback! I ended up rearranging it and now I’m much more pleased with it. Oye, sometimes its hard not to be biased toward your own work, but thats where peer opinion comes into play!

82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
houseofsounds says

I think this is a great track man. The big piano change (when it goes to that half time feel for a few bars bars) really stuck out to me, it’s certainly creative and fun to listen to though. Could it be too big of change for customers looking for background music who don’‘t want big changes in tempo or pacing? Maybe but at the same time it is unique, so it’s a tough call. I really do like it, you’re certainly talented, great writing and mix. Best of luck. Make sure in your tags you add in some keywords that relate to fun (“party, fun, lighthearted, silly”) this track feels more of a celebration to me, than a corporate piece. But just make sure you mention both corporate and fun in your tags.

512 posts
+5 more
JonBuice says

I think this is a great track man. The big piano change (when it goes to that half time feel for a few bars bars) really stuck out to me, it’s certainly creative and fun to listen to though. Could it be too big of change for customers looking for background music who don’‘t want big changes in tempo or pacing? Maybe but at the same time it is unique, so it’s a tough call. I really do like it, you’re certainly talented, great writing and mix. Best of luck. Make sure in your tags you add in some keywords that relate to fun (“party, fun, lighthearted, silly”) this track feels more of a celebration to me, than a corporate piece. But just make sure you mention both corporate and fun in your tags.

House o sounds, thanks for the comment. Yeah sometimes I just get into a writing mood and totally forget the kind of music I set out to write in the first place.. But I will have to add of those tags later (as i’m almost done uploading) , thanks for the tips. During the breakdown I did add to the instrumentation, only so that the tune flowed a little smoother. As a whole tho, I kept it as it was. I guess I couldn’t part with it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by