2297 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Hi everyone,

using audio from other marketplaces than audiojungle in the item preview should not be a problem, as long as I have the license for it.

But am I allowed to put a link in my item’s description, so that customers of my template can buy this audio, too? Since this is a competitor to audiojungle, I’m not quite sure if this is tolerated here. Otherwise I can only place the link in the readme.txt or ask the buyers to contact me for the link to the audio. But last option would be very inconvenient.

1621 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Hi everyone,

using audio from other marketplaces than audiojungle in the item preview should not be a problem, as long as I have the license for it.

But am I allowed to put a link in my item’s description, so that customers of my template can buy this audio, too? Since this is a competitor to audiojungle, I’m not quite sure if this is tolerated here. Otherwise I can only place the link in the readme.txt or ask the buyers to contact me for the link to the audio. But last option would be very inconvenient.

it has to be tolerated. Many authors have links to their own personal sites or even personal marketplaces. Some of them have links to external video stock sites, or image stock sites, because they used preview pictures from there.

I am certain you can use non-audiojungle music for your video preview and put a link in your description.

61 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Creative-Medias says

In this case I suggest you to place the link in the readme.pdf and write in your item description page “Link to the music included in the ReadMe.pdf”

2710 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Can you use audio resources other than AudioJungle in your item previews? Yes.

Can you link to competitors to AudioJungle in your item description? No.

Can you link to competitors to AudioJungle in your readme.txt? Possibly not, but I’ll find out and double check and return to this thread to let you know. :)

1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
graphic4444 says

personally I would Not allow linking nor referring business to non-envato sites, either in descriptions nor in .txt help or other resources, as that’s not loyal to the audiojungle producers who are so talented that we should support as fellow authors. Besides there’s thousands of great tracks on AJ to choose from, plenty of which are fine for demo purposes for projects here.

How would you feel if audio producers at AJ referred other ae template sites for recommended use of their audios with? From a business standpoint I absolutely would not allow non-envato references anywhere on the site, as that takes revenue offsite and gives free advertising to your competitors and harms AJ producers, all of which is bad.

398 posts Professional music freelancer
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
leto says

personally I would Not allow linking nor referring business to non-envato sites, either in descriptions nor in .txt help or other resources, as that’s not loyal to the audiojungle producers who are so talented that we should support as fellow authors. Besides there’s thousands of great tracks on AJ to choose from, plenty of which are fine for demo purposes for projects here. How would you feel if audio producers at AJ referred other ae template sites for recommended use of their audios with? From a business standpoint I absolutely would not allow non-envato references anywhere on the site, as that takes revenue offsite and gives free advertising to your competitors and harms AJ producers, all of which is bad.

+1 Thanks :-)

+9 more
Creattive says

personally I would Not allow linking nor referring business to non-envato sites, either in descriptions nor in .txt help or other resources, as that’s not loyal to the audiojungle producers who are so talented that we should support as fellow authors. Besides there’s thousands of great tracks on AJ to choose from, plenty of which are fine for demo purposes for projects here.

Hi,

no question, the quality at audiojungle is amazing.

In my case the situation is: I’ve worked recently on a feature film and asked the composer of the score if he’d like to contribute his work for ae templates. I’ve already referred him as new audiojungle author, but the one song I totally fell in love with is already at another marketplace with exclusive license.

So, of course I’d love to support audiojungle authors and with every other template I will do that, but also I’d love to support a good friend of mine who I don’t just know from the internet, but actually in person :)

So, no offense here, I’m a big fan of audiojungle.

I’ve seen another videohive template that has a link to another audio marketplace in the item’s description, that’s why I’ve started this thread.

I will now wait for the official statement.

2710 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Here’s the answer to the final question, thanks for everyone’s patience while we looked into it!

Can you link to competitors to AudioJungle in your readme.txt?

If you want to link to an audio file you have used in your VH item which is available from somewhere other than AudioJungle, then yes, you can hyperlink to it from inside a .txt or help file inside your main VH file that you sell. You are NOT allowed to mention or link to the competitor site however in your item description. What you CAN put in your description however is something along the lines of, “Audio file not included, but information on how to acquire it is included in the included instructions file inside the main .zip that you purchase.”

Hope this now answers all the questions posed. :)

+9 more
Creattive says

Thanks scott for making things clear :)

by
by
by
by