• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
AdrianMG says

Ey guys!

I am actually working on a iMac 27” but now I want to buy a laptop. I am thinking to buy a Macbook Pro 13” but I am not sure if it will be powerful enough to run perfectly Photoshop CS5 and future version with lots of layers, heavy PSD files… you know.

So it will be used mainly for web and design development, not video, not videogames, just design and web development. The size of the screen isn’t a problem, it will be connected at home to a bigger monitor.

What’s your opinion about it? I am “afraid” since it doesn’t have a dedicated graphic card, like Macbook Pro 15” and other bigger models.

Thanks in advice!

254 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
evaske says

Ey guys!

I am actually working on a iMac 27” but now I want to buy a laptop. I am thinking to buy a Macbook Pro 13” but I am not sure if it will be powerful enough to run perfectly Photoshop CS5 and future version with lots of layers, heavy PSD files… you know.

So it will be used mainly for web and design development, not video, not videogames, just design and web development. The size of the screen isn’t a problem, it will be connected at home to a bigger monitor.

What’s your opinion about it? I am “afraid” since it doesn’t have a dedicated graphic card, like Macbook Pro 15” and other bigger models.

Thanks in advice!

I have a two year old macbook 13” and it runs PS CS5 perfectly with a large number of layers so I’d imagine the pro would easily be able to handle it.

340 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Philippines
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
bfintal says

I have both MBP 13 ” intel dual core and 15” intel i7 (13”’s hard drive bogged down so it’s being fixed now)

Since you’re developing, I recommend the 15”. I have Photoshop, Aptana, MAMP , browsers, Parallels all running without any hassle. Granted my 13” was only dual core, but a dedicated graphics card really goes a long way.

I know you won’t play games in it, but WoW is sooo much better in 15” :)

208 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
AdrianMG says

Ey guys!

Thanks in advice!
I have a two year old macbook 13” and it runs PS CS5 perfectly with a large number of layers so I’d imagine the pro would easily be able to handle it.

In my old macbook 13” Photoshop did not run smoothly, it’s the main reason I want to ask about the performance of the pro version.

208 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
AdrianMG says

I have both MBP 13 ” intel dual core and 15” intel i7 (13”’s hard drive bogged down so it’s being fixed now)

Since you’re developing, I recommend the 15”. I have Photoshop, Aptana, MAMP , browsers, Parallels all running without any hassle. Granted my 13” was only dual core, but a dedicated graphics card really goes a long way.

So Macbook Pro 15” is more expensive but it’s worth I suppose.

340 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Philippines
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
bfintal says

So Macbook Pro 15” is more expensive but it’s worth I suppose.

Yea, it’s more expensive though. Once fixed, my 13” will be handed down to a pure designer.. he’ll just use photoshop and nothing else.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I already upgraded the 13”’s ram and it still couldn’t handle the pressure of my dev environment :(

88 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
DesignPuma says

Macbook 13” with SSD is perfect for web design and development ;)

415 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Portugal
unisphere says

I’ve purchased a Macbook Pro 13 (entry model) 2 weeks ago and I’m loving it. One thing you should know though is if you’ll be using it to design in PhotoShop, I highly recommend going for the 15 inch model. I mainly design in my Desktop “hackintosh” and bought the Macbook pro 13 for developing on the road.

208 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
AdrianMG says

Before post the thread I was thinking about the possiblity of go to Macbook Pro 13” so the difference between 13” and 15” will be for buying a cool Monitor haha :)

332 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CadenGrant says

It’s definitely powerful enough. I just personally would hate working on a 13” laptop.

by
by
by
by
by
by