currently i am using windows, but if i have a money i will bought mac :D

1679 posts Building the Web.
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
ZoomIt says

Yes, you could get the best of two worlds by running a hackintosh ( good performance for money + mac os x ), but I could not get one functioning stable :( . I even bought all the parts ( sound card / video card / processor ) to match the ones iMacs use ( so I would need no custom built hackintosh / drivers ) but occasionally it would get stuck, so eventually I sold the rig and bought a real iMac.

Waiting now for the new iteration of Retina MB so I could replace my i5 2.70 22’ iMac ( connected to a 27’ DELL ) . The i7 2.70 Retina MB today would not make much sense in performance upgrade.

28 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
ThorneMedia says

I’ll just post my 2cents on the topic.

I have been a long time user of pc, for all sorts of work media, art and video. Earlier this year I purchased a Macbook Pro Retina 15” as I have always had the craving for a mac.

I have found the transition to actually be difficult. I love the interface, the apps etc but just the general day to day stuff that I don’t even think about doing on my pc I find myself lost on a Mac and typically always end up back on the pc as it’s just faster for me to work. It’s a shame spending 2K and it living in a drawer as mine has for a few months.

I think for me one of the biggest issues is the keyboard/mouse (i purchased the stand alone units) maybe mistakenly the keyboard without the number pad. Also having no # key drives me bonkers :)

I’m sure if I had no pc and just used my mac I would learn much faster. Mac owners out there, is there any useful resources you have that you can recommend for new Mac users to really understand and get the most from our Macs?

6086 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

iMac + Windows Works well for me for more than 3 years. Never felt this much comfort with other brands / ways.

I thought it was not allowed religious talks on forum. :P

Mac is not religion, probably a cult in the past :D

I think the PC Vs Mac wars these days reduced a lot and people are less maniac about one side. So the subject lost its religious nature. :P

304 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Endat says

People are getting all passionate :P

im up for buying a mac, but i need a reasonable justification for spending so much mullah!

I bought a Black 2006 MacBook running OSX Snow Leopard from ebay for $185 (shipped)

It collects dust until i need to test something.. you don’t need a brand new one, IMO :)

207 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+13 more
Crusader12 Envato team says

People are getting all passionate :P

im up for buying a mac, but i need a reasonable justification for spending so much mullah!

I bought a Black 2006 MacBook running OSX Snow Leopard from ebay for $185 (shipped)

It collects dust until i need to test something.. you don’t need a brand new one, IMO :)

:p

Great items btw. It looks like you may have a broken link in your HTML5 2 Desktop App item though.

304 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Endat says

Thank you! That app is my new love, wish I had more time for it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by