333 posts Andre28 - Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
andre28 says

thanks Zeplix for everything, compliments and advices… :) they makes me proud of my work.

Since it happend already once that thought he was buying the mockup instead of the brochure layout, i must guess this misunderstanding can happen… i will definitely state it more clearly that the mockup is separated from the layout.

about the preview, i just add images taken from blogs to give a general idea of how can be used… but i will think about it too. :)

157 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
Elicabe says

I don’t like the rate method. In my opinion, the correct way are a average between “views average per day” and purchases. The buyers can comment if they think the item is good o bad. But be a buyer is not a warranted about knowledge.

523 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Zeplix says
Elicabe said
The buyers can comment if they think the item is good o bad. But be a buyer is not a warranted about knowledge.

That doesn’t quite make sense though… the rating is what the buyers rate it. Not the “design quality” of your item. If, for whatever reason, a buyer finds your item to be a 1 star item, then to them it is a 1 star item. Whether you agree or not, or whether they are “right” or not, doesn’t really matter. That’s still their experience with your item, it’s their review of your item, and it’s relevant since they are an average buyer just like everyone else.

I don’t think anyone thinks ratings are supposed to show an expert verdict on the quality of your item.

157 posts
+3 more
Elicabe says
Zeplix said
Whether you agree or not, or whether they are “right” or not, doesn’t really matter.

Matters to me, and that is enough. Because the rate affect my work, and I’m free to expose my opinion

52 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
DarkoAb says

It would be nice if buyer wrote a small comment along with the rating so that authors would be able to see what was wrong and maybe assist the buyer.

157 posts
+3 more
Elicabe says
DarkoAb said
It would be nice if buyer wrote a small comment along with the rating so that authors would be able to see what was wrong and maybe assist the buyer.

+1

+4 more
andre28 says
Zeplix said
Elicabe said
The buyers can comment if they think the item is good o bad. But be a buyer is not a warranted about knowledge.

That doesn’t quite make sense though… the rating is what the buyers rate it. Not the “design quality” of your item. If, for whatever reason, a buyer finds your item to be a 1 star item, then to them it is a 1 star item. Whether you agree or not, or whether they are “right” or not, doesn’t really matter. That’s still their experience with your item, it’s their review of your item, and it’s relevant since they are an average buyer just like everyone else.

I don’t think anyone thinks ratings are supposed to show an expert verdict on the quality of your item.

in my opinion if someone gives a low rating, means that something is wrong or missing… the rate, always in my opinion, should not be about the design, since can be subjective and different from each one, but about the usability of the item and the presence of the features stated in the item page.

if i am a buyer and i see a 3 stars rating, like my file, i would definitely try to understand why has such a rating, and probably if i do not know the reason, i will think 2-3 times before buying it.

In this way, since not all the buyers rate the item, 4 people out of 36 decided that my item is 3 stars; so i have no protection at all for my work against this kind of action, no matter if is a right rating, a mistake or a voluntary action.

554 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Shaktal says

I think one of the issues here is the probability of someone rating your item. Most people who purchase an item and are happy with it stop there, they don’t bother to rate your item or leave a comment, because they have received what they expected. Unless something is particularly special, in which case you may get a few people leaving complements.

However, people who are dissatisfied, for whatever reason, have a hugely increased probability to leave a rating, and thus the more sales you have, the more your rating will be biased by these people.

I’ve been rather lucky with my ratings. However, I’ve not had the same volume of sales that you have, so I expect that as I accumulate more sales, I’ll also accumulate more negative ratings. I expect that the average rating tends towards 4-stars, perhaps 3 in some cases.

On the bright side, I don’t believe that many people are biased by the ratings, anyway. I for one, would check the comments before purchasing a file, rather than just looking at the ratings.

I do however agree that a system that forces comment alongside ratings would be desirable.

+4 more
andre28 says

know probably i know why my item has received a bad rating… i found it piratated :( on a website…

523 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Zeplix says
andre28 said
know probably i know why my item has received a bad rating… i found it piratated :( on a website…

Why would that give a bad rating? I mean, people have to buy it to rate it, so I don’t see the connection :S

Btw, I hope you can get it removed! (from the site that pirated it)

by
by
by
by
by
by