47 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
themeenergy says

Hi guys,

I have a question for all of you living in Amsterdam. I assume that life there is quite expensive. How much do you spend on rent, food etc. on average per month? I have received a job opportunity, but before I really start considering to relocate there, I would just like to hear some insights from all of you that are/were residents in Amsterdam.

Thank you and best regards, kajag

972 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

Nice city, I was there a couple of times. There was a similar thread some time ago, but for another city, this might help you: link

47 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
themeenergy says

Thank you very much, greenline.

90 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Netherlands
+1 more
Companjo says

Hi Kajag,

You can start with a small room for € 500/€ 600 per month. Food, Insurance and all other normal stuff also about € 500/ € 600 per month.

Monthly costs: € 1000 – € 1200.

It depends on how you live, you can live cheap but also expensive in Amsterdam.

My advise is to get a room or something outside amsterdam. I’ts cheaper.

I live in Utrecht, but i have many friends living in Amsterdam.

3687 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Joost Envato team says

My advise is to get a room or something outside amsterdam. I’ts cheaper.

It is perhaps worth noting that Intercity trains to/from the larger cities in the area depart roughly every 15 minutes – if you live and work near train stations, that could be an excellent option too.

42 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Located in Netherlands
+2 more
FactoryofMusic says

I live twenty minutes south of Amsterdam. The Netherlands in general is quite an expensive place to live. Money wise it’s propably better to look for a house/appartment in a town just outside Amsterdam. But when it’s necessary for you to live in Amsterdam, you can check Amsterdam South West.

47 posts
+3 more
themeenergy says

Thanks guys. This helps a lot. I really appreciate it.

66 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SomniaThemes says

I can agree on the previous posts. Living in Amsterdam is expensive and its hard to find a place. You can better try to find a house near Amsterdam.

If you need anymore help, just ask. I live 5 mins from Amsterdam :)

Ohh. and prepare for the bad weather :D

90 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Netherlands
+1 more
Companjo says

Ohh. and prepare for the bad weather :D

+1 :D

81 posts Believe You Can , And You Are Half Way There
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
xFxDesigns says

I ‘ve been In Holland In 2009-2010 For Work , From My Experience Its A bit Hard To Find A home/room to stay , but as soon as you find it you can settle there (salary is/was very high) :D , I Lived In Utrech !

by
by
by
by
by
by