24 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
Luthdrix says

I’m relatively new here and I have a quick question regarding licensing. I have a reasonable understanding of how the different licenses work. Extended license affords buyer the right to sell the end product. So my question is, Would the client also need an extended license if they plan on monetizing/placing advertising, on a video/project that contains an AudioJungle track? Say somebody purchases a license on one of your tracks, makes a youtube video, puts ads on the video and makes money. Do they need an extended license to do this?

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

No, because they don’t sell the video.

24 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
Luthdrix says

Dang.

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Art-of-Sound says

Yeah, I know. It’s really something that Envato should fix. Regular license should apply solely to non-commercial projects. Every project related to making profits, even indirectly, should acquire the extended license. It’s absurd that a 5-figures-budget commercial, that will bring millions of dollars profit to the advertiser, requires a $17 license only because commercials are free to watch…

1330 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Europe
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
LumenMedia says
Agree

Yeah, I know. It’s really something that Envato should fix. Regular license should apply solely to non-commercial projects. Every project related to making profits, even indirectly, should acquire the extended license. It’s absurd that a 5-figures-budget commercial, that will bring millions of dollars profit to the advertiser, requires a $17 license only because commercials are free to watch…
by
by
by
by
by
by