231 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Boldtrax says

Yeah finally – Licensing has been updated, Extended Licensing switched back on – not possible anymore to resell an audiotrack in e.g. a videohive template. Thanks Envato, that was about time!

863 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Excellent news! Was there an announcement for this?

[edit] nevermind – I see it’s in the dashboard banner :)

-Gari

1184 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

Yeah, and they clearly put a lot of work into the new FAQ page, which is clearer than it has ever been. Part of me would still like to see a broadcast license section for music, but equally, if they’re going to brand themselves as royalty-free, and purely royalty-free, I can see from their point of view why they wouldn’t. As always it’s up to us authors what we choose to upload here, and if it gets used in {big-name show/commercial} then that’s our problem.

863 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Part of me would still like to see a broadcast license section for music

Yes, that would be the icing but I’m really glad that the Envato team has taken on board the voice of the authors and have made a positive step for the good.

-Gari

P.S. My avatar overlayed on top of de-tune’s makes a nice looking goatee! LOL

322 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
tunesurfers says

I’ve just seen the announcement and opted back in as well. Yet I still don’t understand why envato is trying to create a conformable license set which will respond to the needs of all marketplaces. To me, each marketplace should have its own licensing terms.

632 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
tacoMusic says

Yeah, and they clearly put a lot of work into the new FAQ page, which is clearer than it has ever been. Part of me would still like to see a broadcast license section for music, but equally, if they’re going to brand themselves as royalty-free, and purely royalty-free, I can see from their point of view why they wouldn’t. As always it’s up to us authors what we choose to upload here, and if it gets used in {big-name show/commercial} then that’s our problem.

+1 Good to see a change to the licensing details and agree with you Gareth that it would be great if the next set of licensing changes address the Broadcast licence and PRO issues. Personally, I don’t think it would jeopardise the royalty-free label of AJ as there are plenty of sites out there that are RF but allow PRO-registered tracks and broadcast-ready licences. Glad to see a positive response from Envato though.

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
StellaNoteAudio says

I’ve just seen the announcement and opted back in as well. Yet I still don’t understand why envato is trying to create a conformable license set which will respond to the needs of all marketplaces. To me, each marketplace should have its own licensing terms.
I agree +1
2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Hey guys. Thanks so much for you input! Sorry to close off this thread, but I really want to keep all the input in one spot. Be sure to hop in there so the AJ voices are heard! :)http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/new-marketplace-license-discussion/85239

by
by
by
by
by
by