2006 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hi friends Sorry, i’m still not sure about that licensing Thing: I just received a message from a company, i call it xy,: I work at the advertising agency xy and we are potentially interested in using your music – this is the song: (http://audiojungle.net/item/happy-and-easy/3195920?WT.ac=search_thumb&WT.seg_1=search_thumb&WT.z_author=matsteiner) in one of our ads for our client xy. Could you please confirm the cost of using the music unlimited, worldwide for one year. It will be used in a spot featured on youtube only. We are in a hurry so we would need your answer within 24 hours. kind regards, xy Am i right that this Needs just a Standard license and they can use it as requested? (if you would know what Company it is, you would say: (Crazy! They shall pay 100’000$ :) )

808 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Why the secrecy, just say it was Coca Cola (:
Indeed, insultingly cheap $14 license is what a major corporation would need in order to get music for their multi-million dollar advertising campaign, something that on a respectful site would cost them 4 figures. Your gain is 7 dollars, congratulations… But hey, at least it’s goof for the resume. You can add them to the list of your clients and tell proudly to your friends that Microsoft bought your music, etc.

The bottom line, AJ pricing should be updated. $14 for unlimited advertising license is ridiculous.

201 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
LGuitarB says

Yes, the business model of music is that a bazillion people like to make it, so you virtually have to give it away for free, even if you do make it at a high level.

2006 posts
+8 more

Hey Art-of-Sound Thank you very much, i have no problem with the 14 bugs of course, and even less if it’s a big Company like this one. If they really take it i let you know who it is, but i want to keep it a bit discreet (because regarding the size it’s similar like CocaCola). Musicians are always poor guys :) , except the are successfull on AJ :). We are gonna celebrate it toghether when they take it, free virtual beer (which costs nothing too) for all :) Mat

Willow_Branch_Music
Willow_Branch_Music Recent Posts Threads Started
52 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Willow_Branch_Music says

Ugh. Kinda makes one sick. A film studio can put a whole movie soundtrack complete with an asset library of sound effects together for cheaper than the take away lunch at the meeting. There needs to be a paradigm shift in how the extended license thing works before the top ten guys here get together with a couple web developers and take the market share from AJ.

1401 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

Don’t know about the licence thing, but in any case congratulations :D In the past I practically gave away for free a track for a very big company. Good just for the resume :D

2006 posts
+8 more

Thanks my friends for all the answer and thoughts! In case i sell it for this, i let you know as soon the ad is available and i promised a virtual beer :) .... And yes Luca, iwouldn’t mind either if they use it amlost for freee :D

328 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MValentino says

...to answer to your questions: yes, it happened to me (the difference is tha they told me after they distributed the spot), and yes, my earning was just $7.00…

581 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

I’m pretty sure a couple of other guys took songs off AudioJungle because of a similar situation, they probably privately negotiated a WAY better deal. I would try that if they are indeed a big name company, they probably would rather do that than deal with a vague license agreement that is offered here that nobody seems to ever understand. I get emails all the time about what the license really means as far as usage.

I think companies are willing to pay more if it means a safer deal legally, it makes them feel better. They probably think its too good to be true to get a track for that cheap. Its unreal the price for such usage, an absolute joke matter a fact. Way to leave a ton of money on the table!

581 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

In further thought, I guess this is what we signed up here for. I guess if its a youtube spot only and just one video I guess the reality is 14 bucks gets it. Unless they would want exclusive rights to use that song and they would want you to take it off the market.

If you can try to get them to give you credit for the song in the video description, at least that could be worth something. Good luck, and congrats on your song being chosen.

by
by
by
by
by
by