• Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
LanceSnider says

We’ve removed the extended license option for any Envato marketplace item that we consider a “tool”. Why? Because you don’t need them.

By “tool”, I’m referring to anything that, unlike traditional stock, is used as a tool to create other projects. For example, brushes are tools. You wouldn’t add the brush itself in your project – you’d use the brush to paint the picture that you’d use in your project. Check out the licensing terms to see what items are considered tools.

849 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Rewroc says

Thanks for the info Lance. However I have a question here. It’s particularly about mock ups. If I let’s say, purchase a business card mock up, and use it in my item previews here then do I have to keep purchasing it for every new item or I can purchase it once and use it in as many item previews on Graphicriver as I want? Sorry if this is a noob question.

1033 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

We’ve removed the extended license option for any Envato marketplace item that we consider a “tool”. Why? Because you don’t need them. By “tool”, I’m referring to anything that, unlike traditional stock, is used as a tool to create other projects. For example, brushes are tools. You wouldn’t add the brush itself in your project – you’d use the brush to paint the picture that you’d use in your project. Check out the licensing terms to see what items are considered tools.

If I understand it right, that means, that if someone purchase one of my styles or actions he can use it on 1 computer forever?

1158 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Brazil
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+3 more
RafaelOliveira says

Finally! Now is time to re-think the styles and add-ons licenses :)

3 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
dravid15 says

Before removing license one thing should consider that will it be friendly to the user or it is discouraging or taking users away from if license is implemented. may I I know after removing it have you got any extra benefit that you were expected to get? I feel now this is the time to consider whether license should be implemented or not.

I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
126 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Australia
Pickoora says

I don’t really understand the fonts bit, what if we would like to use the fonts in commercial projects?

895 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+5 more
Koolgfx says

I am very sad about this. :(

I have a portfolio based purely on the styles (like many other members) and alive thanks to extended licenses!

I think this is a very UNDERRATED category! In my opinion you do not know how long it takes to create text styles and special effects. Honestly, I think I will not do never again text styles if the situation remains so.

If you really wanted to remove the extended license, then you had to raise the basic price of text styles at least $ 7-8.

No offense, but i think this is unfair!

2965 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+11 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Hi Era89. I’m not a graphic designer, I don’t even use Photoshop actually. I’m curious – what would people use an Extended Licence Photoshop Style for? I’ve been trying to think of an example but I cannot.
All the best,
Dave

895 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+5 more
Koolgfx says

Hi Era89. I’m not a graphic designer, I don’t even use Photoshop actually. I’m curious – what would people use an Extended Licence Photoshop Style for? I’ve been trying to think of an example but I cannot.
All the best,
Dave

Hi dtbaker,

Usually people who contacted me for an extended license, are people who are used to create text styles for example:

- Logo for a Web Layout (I could show you many examples)

- The effects of text in their flyers

- Use metal styles in their GUI Interfaces

- Or he needs styles for a Photoshop version of a logo.

The people think that the photoshop styles are applicable only to the text, and this is not the truth.

The extended license was very low ($ 25) but now we are down in ridiculous! Honestly, I hurt much sell 20 unique styles in the market and in world web for $ 4 and know that they can use them in all their projects!

Sorry for my english

1033 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

The extended license was very low ($ 25) but now we are down in ridiculous! Honestly, I hurt much sell 20 unique styles in the market and in world web for $ 4 and know that they can use them in all their projects!

That is exactly what I can’t understand… for only 4-6$ You can buy add-ons and use it for ever :/

@dtbaker I’ve also sold several styles with extended license, but I don’t know who or in what project they used it, but I’ve also sold some actions with ext. license and I believe that actions are used by other authors in their projects for Envato or other marketplaces.

by
by
by
by
by
by