29 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Canada Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
AuditoryMedia says

i’m not really sure what to say to this. even with the extended license i think the prices here are still really cheap. to the point where some people might think it’s “too” cheap and devaluing the industry. i personally think the pricing is alright and don’t have an opinion in this regard.

$24 for the track you like isn’t that much money at all.

if your game is for sale, but not profitable, then i don’t know if it’s really the problem of the composers and the site :/

9 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
danny2p says
i’m not really sure what to say to this. even with the extended license i think the prices here are still really cheap. to the point where some people might think it’s “too” cheap and devaluing the industry. i personally think the pricing is alright and don’t have an opinion in this regard. $24 for the track you like isn’t that much money at all. if your game is for sale, but not profitable, then i don’t know if it’s really the problem of the composers and the site :/

I’m not sure where you get $24. The track is $8, and the licence needed to use it in a game that will be sold is 50x that – that’s $400.

iPhone and Xbox LIVE Indie games are unlikely to make the sort of profit where you can spend $400 on a single track. My first game sold around £110 ($180) total, but due to the costs, actually made a small loss (that was when we could pay $8 per track). I expect the next game to make around $200 profit without music costs. That means I can’t afford to buy a single track at these prices.

I’m not sure why you think it’s fair that an Indie selling games at $1 and turning over a few hundred dollars per game pay the same fee as Lionhead Studios shifting millions of units and making millions of dollars.

To be honest, opinion on the cost doesn’t matter. Fact is, nobody is going to pay $400 for a track for their game that will likely only see 100 copies. It’s not about them wanting to make “lots” of money, it’s about it costing them money and making a loss. The current licences simply do not support Indie development.

29 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Canada Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
AuditoryMedia says

i came up with $24 cause i assumed you needed a multi-use license. If it is in fact $400 for one track in this game, I will agree with you that 1. that’s too much money and 2. it is way too difficult to determine this by the way the site is set up. i reckon that many people in the same shoes as you will be buying the $8 license and using it in their iPhone game due to the lack of info.

there is a “more info” link about the licenses, but i don’t understand how someone will multiply it by 50x on their own. this simply doesn’t work.

1465 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

This issue concerns also me. I target my tracks mostly for games.
I don’t know how is going around here but as a solution there is contacting directly the authors. If you like a particular track and the authors are not selling exclusively here, you can buy it under different licensing.

Or you can take a look on [site removed]

9 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
danny2p says
i don’t understand how someone will multiply it by 50x on their own. this simply doesn’t work.
Read the licence :) It’s quite clear that you have to buy the “conditional resale” licence if you’re selling something wth the music in. This is quite clearly stated as 50x the cost. One of the Envatao employees also posted in this thread, and confirmed this. I also had two emails from Envato confirming this.

Whether others are paying $8 or not doesn’t matter, it doesn’t make it legal for me to do it. Unless AudioJungle change their licences, they’ll be avoided by indie devs (or just have indie devs buying the wrong licence).

I have fond another site, [site removed].

9 posts
danny2p says
This issue concerns also me. I target my tracks mostly for games.
I don’t know how is going around here but as a solution there is contacting directly the authors. If you like a particular track and the authors are not selling exclusively here, you can buy it under different licensing.

Or you can take a look on [site removed].
While it works, contacting the authors is just too time consuming. We want to be able to listen to music, and see the prices it’ll cost us, without waiting days for replies.

I’d recommend anyone posting music aimed at indies checks out [site removed].

2667 posts
    Member of the Envato Team Joined an Envato Football competition Attended one of our Meetups around the world Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Guys, this question has already been responded to, please be sure you read the entire thread before adding further comments. Although the comments already made are very important to us, saying them over and over is not going to address the issue any faster. Just to re-iterate:

1. Both myself and envato are already looking into this anomaly. Unfortunately, we can’t change large issues like this overnight. Please bear with us, your patience is appreciated.
  2. Please do not link to external, competitor sites to AudioJungle. It’s not acceptable practice, your links will be removed, and if this continues, you will be reported to support.

Thank you for everyone’s co-operation. :)

1465 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Sorry, I didn’t know that it’s not allowed to post external links.
I just wanted to help and posted a link to (probably) biggest artistic community that put their work under CC license (so it’s not really competition).

9 posts
danny2p says
Please do not link to external, competitor sites to AudioJungle
Apologies, I didn’t realise this wasn’t allowed. Though I wouldn’t call them competitors until you can compete with them for Indies ;-)

I do hope you fix your licences for Indies, but for now I’m afraid I have to buy elsewhere.

by
by
by
by
by
by