10 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
ryangreenmusic says

Just wanted to start a discussion about branding and selling yourself via your AudioJungle page. It’s just something I’ve noticed lately that many artists who are high up on the charts have a homepage (as well as song pages) that look really nice.

With photography, typography, banners, etc.

So I wanted to start this conversation and discussion -

What are some things that you have noticed that really add to a professionalism of an AudioJungle (or any Envato community) page?

Some things I’ve personally noticed, and I also want to link his profile, is that Tim McMorris (http://audiojungle.net/user/timmcmorris) does an incredibly job at utilizing his page to link everything together. You immediately see his newest work displayed, and if you visit that song you will see the story behind it, some things it can be used with, as well as visually appealing links to other songs. So you end up visiting one page and being sucked into all of his music because it’s all connected.

Which isn’t a bad thing cause it’s all quality, haha.

But again, I ask you to share -
What are some things that you have noticed that really add to a professionalism of an AudioJungle (or any Envato community) page?
389 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
illuminations says

I’ve slowly been revamping my profile page over the last few months including updating my profile image just this week. I do highly question how much this helps sales though for the majority of AJ authors. Often when I get a notification of a sale I will go to my webtracker to see if I had a visitor on my profile page and way more often than not there wasn’t a visitor at the time of the sale. This leads me to believe the majority of my sales are coming directly through customers browsing the site and stumbling upon my track through searches or general browsing.

So bottom line is I think probably 80-90% of people who are buying from me never even see my profile page. However, I do think that the higher ranked you are the more important this becomes. Particularly I’d guess the elite authors get a lot of people going directly to their profile to find music since that would be an easy way to find high quality music without the overwhelming task of searching through thousands of tracks on any given search result. I would imaging for Tim M. and many of his fellow elite authors their profile is much more important to their sales than for the majority of AJ authors.

10 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
ryangreenmusic says

... Often when I get a notification of a sale I will go to my webtracker to see if I had a visitor on my profile page and way more often than not there wasn’t a visitor at the time of the sale. This leads me to believe the majority of my sales are coming directly through customers browsing the site and stumbling upon my track through searches or general browsing.

Whoa, interesting insight. I didn’t realize that. I have a web-tracker as well and notice that though my homepage visit rarely goes up, I still sell stuff. It personally makes me realize that I need to be able to utilize my song pages as well and make people know that my other stuff exists – and if they like what they’re hearing in the moment, then I have some other things that they may appreciate.

Thanks for that! I’m going to be doing some editing to my profile with that in mind now.

357 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
mlamanna says

I agree with illuminations, the higher you are the better profile page you need. I’ve been updating mine slowly.

by
by
by
by
by
by