97 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
bugakov_maxim says

What do you think about it? How long? What about loop?

Music must match project or video, but how can we to guess what duration is suitable?

283 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
adammonroe says

IMO 2 :00 to 2:30 is the ideal length for a pop song or song on the radio. I think this is fairly sufficient, as I don’t see licensed music for commercials or youtube videos needing to be longer than the video itself. I think the more important thing is to have SECTIONS that are long enough (verse/chorus) for the editor to work with. But who knows, it’s sort of a guessing game. Probably anything longer than 5:00 is too long?

212 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
thepremium says

If you are making loop you don’t have to worry about the length :) they will repeat as much as they want.

richspeller_music
richspeller_music Recent Posts Threads Started
131 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
richspeller_music says

Also, something I have been thinking about are adverts (commercials). I sat in front of the telebox the other day and timed some adverts and a lot, or at least a good majority where music played a part, we’re 25 to 30 seconds.

25 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
ckotty says

Privet, Max :) Length of production music track must be around 2.00-3.00 min. Do it loopable only If customer asks about it.

97 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
bugakov_maxim says

thanks =)

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
PatrickAThompson says

I feel like it depends on your target consumer… If you’re targeting filmmakers, a decent length could come in handy. If you’re after TV, for the most part, they only use bits and pieces anyway. I spoke with a producer who works on shows for Discovery and he said, “Anything over 1:30 is a waste of time”. (Keep in mind, that this was in response to his own projects…)

I’ve got tracks on here from around :45 to about 4:00… It’s all based on what I’m trying to do. Again, if I’m targeting a short underscore for some beach scene\commercial, there’s no point in composing a 5:00 track… So I go in and set the vibe from the first note and let it roll with a few changes over about :45.

To sum it up, I’d say that it depends on your music and where you intend for it to be placed.

by
by
by
by
by
by