• Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
unseenbattle Volunteer moderator says

@guitarjock – I installed all the sample libraries on my 1TB external firewire 800 drive and it’s working fine with Logic 9 on my late 2009 macbook pro with 8GB of RAM and OS X Lion.

I installed all of the applications on the local drive and have a little less than 100GB free.

So far no issues.

The important thing is to always have a backup of the external drive data as well as the local HDD .

Glad to hear everyone’s lovin’ the software.

For me, Studio Drummer, Battery 3, Massive, and Kontakt 5 are just amazing. And who knew that you can actually program your own libraries in Kontakt and sell them like the Emotional Piano by Soundiron. That little tidbit of information got my IT programming senses dancing ;)

Did any of you discover the “Choir / Vowel Morphs” instrument in Kontakt 5 yet? Ridiculous! I think I sat and played the vowels in different voices for an hour when I first discovered that. LOL !

John :)

748 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
guitarjock says
unseenbattle said

Did any of you discover the “Choir / Vowel Morphs” instrument in Kontakt 5 yet? Ridiculous! I think I sat and played the vowels in different voices for an hour when I first discovered that. LOL !

John :)

Yup, I love the choir. I used it in my newest track Carol of the Bells Cinematic Trailer. I just uploaded it into the queue. It is currently 211 in the queue.

I also love the Strings in Kontact 5. Another of my favorites is Evolve Mutations 1 and 2. The cinematic sounds are just insane!

- guitarjock

60 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
miskstep says

I’m on the fence about komplete 8 to be honest. I’ve got komplete 7, it’s amazing, and if you really take the time to dig deep into FM8 , massive, reaktor, and absynth, you can really create just about anything you want to hear! For the things i can’t create in komplete, I just use max/msp!

Not just that but it doesn’t seem like Komplete 8 is a necessary upgrade – i mean it comes with some new effects and some new libraries, but is there anything particularly revolutionary about it? I’m not trying to be obnoxious, I would love to hear from komplete 8 users as to why it’s so much better than 7 tho!

920 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
jhunger says

There are a couple of things in Ultimate that made it worthwhile IMO . Alicia’s Keys is pretty nice for an NI piano. I haven’t yet messed much with the Solid or VC effects but they seem decent and I’ll probably make use of them. Session Strings I’m sure is not comparable to other string libraries but it’s a step above strings that come with Komplete. Also I’m liking the Scarbee instruments.

I don’t think I would have paid the full price for Ultimate, but to me the extra goodies were worth 425 USD (upgrade price plus GC discount). Also I’m a sucker for marketing :).

However, I think you could definitely make the case that moving from 7 to the standard 8 version isn’t really worth it. Given how fast they went from 6 to 7 to 8, maybe you could just wait a few more months for version 9, and either get that or get 8 at an extreme discount.

1120 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

Hello John

On my side ( Mac / OSX 10 .6 ) a external FW800 HD works well, i never had a streaming problem. There’s also a option in Logic and NI , that when you save the project, it will store the used samples into your Project folder ( which i always keep on my internal eSATA HD untill it has been finished ). This way, you should never face a streaming issue with the samples.

My problem with most of the NI products are the silly sample library browser philosophy and the fact, that only NI products crash my Logic 9 from time to time.

Other then that, the price is surely a no brainer to get it :)

334 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
unseenbattle Volunteer moderator says

Thanks for the info SonicCube. it was definitely a no brainer. :)

1175 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Reviewer
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+8 more
garethcoker Reviewer says
SonicCube said
( which i always keep on my internal eSATA HD untill it has been finished ).

‘Internal’ eSATA (where ‘e’ stands for external) ?! :confused: – I thought I was pretty good at computers, please explain!

1120 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

Ok, sorry, that was for sure meant to be “internal SATA “

by
by