• Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says
unseenbattle said
Hey simaudio,

Thanks for the input. I don’t understand what you meant when you said…

simaudio said
Komplete 8 ultimate looks incredible value but I’m not sure about the drive thing, I’d rather have the discs even if it means I have to sit there for a day and load it all, I suppose it makes it cheaper to produce.

The only option I have for KOMPLETE 8 is to purchase the boxed version. I’m probably completely misunderstanding you though.

Thanks again for the input… yes it was helpful. :)

John

Hi John, Komplete 8 Ultimate comes in a hard drive format, you install from this via USB on to your own drive in your mac, see the link

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/komplete-8-ultimate/

Komplete 8 comes in a boxed version in disc format :)

334 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
unseenbattle says

Hey simaudio!

Wow, I feel so enlightened… thanks for explaining that. I don’t have the mulah for the ultimate version, but it’s good to know this. An interesting method of delivery by NI indeed. Would be faster to load than DVD ’s, but I’d want to make a backup of the usb HDD they send cause HDD ’s die every day.

It’ll be cool when the SSD HDD ’s come down in price and we start seeing software like this delivered on an external SSD HDD . Though, by the time that happens SSD will probably be too slow for what it needs to be used for ;)

Thanks for enlightening me!

John

1028 posts
+2 more
simaudio says
unseenbattle said
Hey simaudio!

Wow, I feel so enlightened… thanks for explaining that. I don’t have the mulah for the ultimate version, but it’s good to know this. An interesting method of delivery by NI indeed. Would be faster to load than DVD ’s, but I’d want to make a backup of the usb HDD they send cause HDD ’s die every day.

Thanks for enlightening me!

John

That’s why i think the disc thing would be better (no need for back up really, only presets you create) but it’s gotta be down to cost, the library is 240 gig for ultimate.

Ultimate apparently gives you everything….....so why the need for a voucher ? Just bring the price down ! :)

Anyway hope you find the deal you are looking for :)

334 posts
+3 more
unseenbattle says

I’m definitely leaning towards ordering KOMPLETE 8 (not the ultimate version), but I’m going to sleep on the decision a little longer just to be sure.

Thanks again simaudio (and everyone else as well).

If anyone else has any thoughts on this please feel free to chime in.

John

334 posts
+3 more
unseenbattle says

Well, I decided to purchase KOMPLETE 8 .

My decision was ultimately based on the fact that I need to upgrade to the full version of KONTAKT 5 to be able to use the new version 2 of soundiron’s emotional piano (I already own version 1). The difference in price from KONTAKT 5 to KOMPLETE 8 (which includes kontakt 5) was $120. Considering this then there were several products (in the komplete 8 package) that I would be purchasing at some point and using in future projects. Two of these products being MASSIVE and Studio Drummer. Those 2 products alone are more than the $120 difference, so it was basically a no brainer at that point.

Thank you all for your very insightful and helpful advice. I hope it helps someone else out there as well.

Hurry up UPS … I can’t wait. ;)

John

1184 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

A wise decision ;)

334 posts
+3 more
unseenbattle says
garethcoker said
A wise decision ;)

And you helped make it. Thanks Gareth!

1028 posts
+2 more
simaudio says

Good choice, it does make financial sense :)

748 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

I am excited! I will be getting Komplete 8 Ultimate in the next week or so. It’s going to be great having a full production suite again. After my last computer crash, I’ve been stuck using Magix software.

334 posts
+3 more
unseenbattle says
guitarjock said
I am excited! I will be getting Komplete 8 Ultimate in the next week or so. It’s going to be great having a full production suite again. After my last computer crash, I’ve been stuck using Magix software.

Congratulations guitarjock!

So far, my few days with KOMPLETE 8 (not the ultimate version… I’m jealous … haha) has been great.

Don’t even know where to begin … MASSIVE , KONTAKT 5, ... still reading manuals and watching vids to learn all this sampling goodness :)

It did take all day Saturday and part of Sunday to get everything installed and all the downloads done and updates applied. Well worth the excruciating wait though. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by