757 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Gae47 says

So how are people doing for sales this month? So far, June has been poor for me compared to last month, In May, I had my best month so far (17 sales) but so far only 3 sales and we’re almost halfway through the month. :(

I’m trying to understand what I did last month that I haven’t done this month and the only thing I can think is that last month I was more active promoting my pieces on Soundcloud,(adding them to several groups etc), tweeting and embedding my audio jungle pieces on my music blog as well as updating my YouTube channel with links etc. I’m not really sure if all that activity helped towards my sales figures though but it must have had some effect, although I suppose we can never really totally know what influences these sales. I guess a lot of it is also down to pot luck and timing.

Gae47

661 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PaBlikMM says

Hey i´m starting to be paranoid! :)

Someone purchased one of my track and rated it with four stars! :) So now i have on my profile only 4,5 stars highlighted and since then i have no sales at all ( for 6 days). I know there is no connection between 4,5* and no sales … but you never know what can happen in the Jungle! :D

The start of June was quite good but now – nothing :) LOL

But i don´t give up at all! :D And as i sing in one of my song on AJ – “Nothing gonna break me!”

Pavel “CHA!”

1545 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Well last month was my best month by far (+21 sales to my previous best), but this months is looking like it won’t be quite as good. But I have a new corp/motivational track coming today that I hope will attract some sales!

Good luck everyone! :D

and remember – “Every little thing, gonna be all right” BM

1545 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

And as i sing in one of my song on AJ – “Nothing gonna break me!”

I am going to have to find this song, I didn’t know you could sing!

661 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
PaBlikMM says

And as i sing in one of my song on AJ – “Nothing gonna break me!”
I am going to have to find this song, I didn’t know you could sing!

I cant sing – thats why you should find that song :D LOL

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
MValentino says

May has been my best month for earnings, I’ve sold a Pack and an exclusive license among other sales, but it wasn’t so good for number of sales. Maybe because I wasn’t uploading anything new for a month since I was working on a soundtrack. June started slow, but my new track came out this morning and made 1 sale just 29 minutes after publishing…hope it makes good :)

1383 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

June is my second best month. The first one is May, but I had the featured file! Now I’m noticing a little stop from yesterday…

903 posts
  • Australia
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
JBlanks says

Weird how it works. May was my slowest month to date, not counting Feb where I joined halfway through. With more packs for sale and a few extended sales I’ve made more $ with less sales thru April, but seemed to hit a May roadblock.

I wasn’t uploading much new material due to other work commitments during May, so perhaps that was the reason, but I’ve had more sales on my “older” stuff as of late, and with around 120 items in the portfolio, I entrusted the search engine to find some of my tunes, rather than ensuring regular front page uploads. I’m not sure that was a good solution.

June is off to a good start, yesterday was particularly rare for me with 2 packs in a day. There’s little science to this stuff – either we’re lucky enough to bump into a buyer who has a project requiring our music, or we’re not lucky enough to run into that person. Simple as that. There could be something to do with search functionality we’re not privy to, or it could have nothing at all to do with that.

All we can do guys/girls is write as much great music as is humanly possible, consider the market as best we can without letting it impede our creativity, upload regularly (or as often as possible) and be prepared for a long haul. Those who prosper get on with it, do it over time, retain their focus and constantly challenge themselves to deliver excellence. The cost is time.

Hope to see good results for my AJ bros over June. Hard work+talent=success. Time has not been factored into this equation.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
MValentino says

There’s little science to this stuff – either we’re lucky enough to bump into a buyer who has a project requiring our music, or we’re not lucky enough to run into that person. Simple as that.
+1
757 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Gae47 says

There’s little science to this stuff – either we’re lucky enough to bump into a buyer who has a project requiring our music, or we’re not lucky enough to run into that person. Simple as that.
+1
+2
by
by
by
by
by
by