617 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Poland
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
FxProSound says

Dead here, heading for my worst month on AJ by a long way… Be interesting to know if the search function now gives priority to exculsive tracks like many other stock sites do?
Well it was poor enough before the search was tweaked. If they are giving priority to exclusives there won’ t be much incentive to upload here :-(

Maybe it’s a bit of truth in this claim. Since the new search my files occupy bottoms of most searches :) That’s cool that someone’s digging here and buying

51 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
DynamiteAudio says

What do you mean with “priority to exclusives”? :)

What i mean is when a buyer searches for a keyword like “uplifting” the order of the results is exclusive authors at the top and non exclusives on the bottom. Other sites do exactly this, they put their exclusive authors and/or tracks up higher in the search results, giving them more chance to sell. I was just wondering aloud if AJ is using exclusivity within the search engine algorithm to determine the results.. My sales have plummeted since the change here while elsewhere may sales have stayed steady over the longer term (ie per month)..

346 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
marb67 says

What do you mean with “priority to exclusives”? :)
What i mean is when a buyer searches for a keyword like “uplifting” the order of the results is exclusive authors at the top and non exclusives on the bottom. Other sites do exactly this, they put their exclusive authors and/or tracks up higher in the search results, giving them more chance to sell. I was just wondering aloud if AJ is using exclusivity within the search engine algorithm to determine the results.. My sales have plummeted since the change here while elsewhere may sales have stayed steady over the longer term (ie per month)..

If that is the case it isn’t very democratic or fair.

20 posts
  • United States
seastock says

Why would they want to give exclusive authors higher priority? Audiojungle makes significantly more money off of non-exclusive tracks.

I have Exclusive & Non-Exclusive accounts here. Both are down in sales, while sales elsewhere are somewhat steady.

wordpresswebsites
wordpresswebsites Recent Posts
Threads Started
35 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
wordpresswebsites says

Why would they want to give exclusive authors higher priority? Audiojungle makes significantly more money off of non-exclusive tracks. I have Exclusive & Non-Exclusive accounts here. Both are down in sales, while sales elsewhere are somewhat steady.

I agree!

Financially, (at least short-term) it makes no sense to favor exclusives that way since Envato makes up to more than double from each sale of a non-ex track.

346 posts
  • United Kingdom
marb67 says

Why would they want to give exclusive authors higher priority? Audiojungle makes significantly more money off of non-exclusive tracks. I have Exclusive & Non-Exclusive accounts here. Both are down in sales, while sales elsewhere are somewhat steady.

I agree!

Financially, (at least short-term) it makes no sense to favor exclusives that way since Envato makes up to more than double from each sale of a non-ex track.

Well whatever happened with the site the other day it’s made sales from bad to worse.

446 posts
  • Korea, Republic of
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Joonique_Sound says

8 sales, 88$ and 88 followers! In China this would be a sign of richness :D

51 posts
  • Australia
DynamiteAudio says

Why would they want to give exclusive authors higher priority? Audiojungle makes significantly more money off of non-exclusive tracks.

Other sites/libraries promote and push exclusive tracks first because it gives them an edge over the competition. If you owned a stock site wouldn’t you value your exclusive product over the product that could be bought elsewhere?

511 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ghana
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
IsaacA says

Other sites/libraries promote and push exclusive tracks first because it gives them an edge over the competition. If you owned a stock site wouldn’t you value your exclusive product over the product that could be bought elsewhere?

Makes great sense… AJ knows that in order to stay at the top of Royalty Music competition, they need to exhibit their unique and quality stuff very often. So it wouldn’t be so beneficial on the long term to showcase stuff that can be found somewhere else. Exclusivity possibly means better conversion…

346 posts
  • United Kingdom
marb67 says

This time last year I was doing much better with Far less files. Statisticly that doesnt tally.

by
by
by
by
by
by