903 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
JBlanks says

Thanks NikiN – I appreciate the kind words and glad you enjoyed my movies. My Australian movies are more personal to me as I was more intimately involved with them, and also edited and composed the scores – so there’s a lot more of my vision in there. Budgets were smaller, but creative control was higher. There’s always a trade off when you have bigger budgets to work with – usually in distribution of the final result. Thanks also for the kind words about my AJ music.

And Gae47 – I always wonder how the composers you listed were able to sustain such brilliant creative output. Also wonder how they would have reacted to the technology that is so common place now – can you imagine Beethoven having access to a fully decked out DAW with all the best libraries…? It staggers the imagination to think of what they could have accomplished, or the joy it would have brought them (one presumes). I recall “Eye of the Devil” but the score doesn’t spring to mind. Will track it down and have a listen – I have a good international network of film nerds who can help me find that movie ;)

753 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Gae47 says

I recall “Eye of the Devil” but the score doesn’t spring to mind. Will track it down and have a listen – I have a good international network of film nerds who can help me find that movie ;)

Yes, I do too…..it’s called “YouTube”... :bigsmile:

It is on YouTube (both the movie and some music) but I can’t seem to find part 1 which has a lovely rendition of the main theme on solo harp.
by
by
by
by
by
by