1411 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

I’ve just discovered that you filmed Urban Legend ? :O:O:O

Those were the days of Scream and other horror teen movies that I loved so much.

You’re the man!!!!

328 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MValentino says

I’ve just discovered that you filmed Urban Legend ? :O:O:O

Those were the days of Scream and other horror teen movies that I loved so much.

You’re the man!!!!
Tht’s what I meant when I said, in another thread, that Jamie is quite famous ;)
181 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Lebanon
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
RalphSd says

Wow..what a successful man! I just wiki’d him. Amazing work Jamie!

919 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
JBlanks says

Ha! :sunglasses2: I’m glad you liked the movie Luca. Thanks RaplhSd and MValentino too. I’m a 70s/80s horror film fan who got to make em for real in the 90s (due to fact that I was very driven and passionate about doing so. Was determined to work in Hwood. I literally would not take no for an answer.) Had more fun than should be allowed by law in the process – seriously. I had so much fun. I have many stories…

Making films in Australia now, mostly so my son gets to grow up somewhere other than L.A. No offense to LA guys at all as I love the place, but Australia is my home and where his large family is. I’ll be back, when I can accept that I’ll have to spend a long time away from my son (he’s 10 and I’m happiest when with him so very hard to put career in front of that).

Thanks for the kind words, it’s really nice to know some of you guys enjoyed the films. I’m working on a new movie now which I cannot say anything about except it’s a horror/sci fi and (if all goes to plan) it will be a special one. Harkens back to the works of British literary great John Wyndham, although not based on one of his books. Is in spirit though.

That’s my day job, but I derive just as much pleasure from AJ, albeit for very different reasons. ;)

1411 posts
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

That’s great :) I wish you good luck for this new movie. So now I have to find your other movies, because I’m too curious ;)
I’ll let you know :D

866 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

Jamie Blanks, Renaissance Man…in a scary kind of way.

I personally love how you hang out in the forums, just one of the guys, while under the unassuming exterior is a horror film icon for many. Nice to know people in the business who are just regular guys. And kudos to you on your decision to stick with your son while he is growing up. I did the same…didn’t write a lick for a few years while I was single-handedly raising four children..and I have no regrets whatsoever…best decision I ever made.

Looking forward to your new movie. Keep us posted, Jamie.

328 posts
+1 more
MValentino says

I’ll be back, when I can accept that I’ll have to spend a long time away from my son (he’s 10 and I’m happiest when with him so very hard to put career in front of that).
...ah, I completely understand it, Jamie, even if my son is just 4, but i can’t stand far from him :) Anyway, I loved Urban Legend and I would love to read the stories about the making of it, so you could write a book about it. Of course, as I’ve already told, I like your music, but maybe for the new movie you should consider another composer :D

just kiddin (but I wouldn’t say no) ;)

919 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
JBlanks says

You guys are terrific. Delighted to know all of you and good to meet some other “dads” who know of what I speak. And Michael, I can assure you I am as regular as guys get ;) A little warped perhaps, but basically pretty normal.

MValentino – I have to score my own movies because that’s the only way I can ensure I get properly paid as the composer! How else am I going to be able to afford all the 8dio/ProjectSam/Albion stuff I am lusting after…?! Besides, I have a good relationship with that director as a composer ;) We understand each other.

328 posts
+1 more
MValentino says

You guys are terrific. Delighted to know all of you and good to meet some other “dads” who know of what I speak. And Michael, I can assure you I am as regular as guys get ;) A little warped perhaps, but basically pretty normal. MValentino – I have to score my own movies because that’s the only way I can ensure I get properly paid as the composer! How else am I going to be able to afford all the 8dio/ProjectSam/Albion stuff I am lusting after…?! Besides, I have a good relationship with that director as a composer ;) We understand each other.
:D
Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
468 posts
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

Well Jamie, you’re a normal guy who happens to have worked with Jared Leto… if I tell my wife that, she might hop on a plane to Australia and go after you! :D
I have never seen your movies but I sure heard about them.
I’m not exactly a horror movie buff though. I saw The Evil Dead by accident when I was ten or so and it gave the worse nightmares. I guess I wasn’t ready for it!
Nonetheless, it’s fun to have a guy of your pedigree hanging out on these forums. And it’s cool to know that we all start at the same level when it comes to music, whether you are Brad Pitt or John Doe! Good luck in all of your future endeavors.

by
by
by
by
by
by