• Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+7 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Thanks for sharing! It definitely is about time they fixed that. :):)

819 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
gbiasillo says

Yes, I read about this a couple of days ago. the UK plan to do the same (in a year or so). I hope they also start measures to reduce the volume in cinemas as I think they are way too loud, and my ears hurt after watching a movie these days.

2013 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

ah… at first I thought it’s a law that regulates the length of commercials… :) I don’t know if such law already exists, but there are a few TV stations here that are really “wild” with their commercials breaks – it’s not a rare occasion that I forget what I was watching until the commercial break ends :D

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts
Threads Started
144 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
PatrickAThompson says

Go Canada! :)

I haven’t noticed this so much in the US during most broadcasts… The problem usually shows up in the wee hours of the morning, when local, amateur commercials pop up with their yelling, screaming, and hee-hawing about ‘THE BEST CAR DEALS IN TOOOOOOOOOOOWN !!’

I’d love to say that there’s a clever marketing ploy behind these ear-splitting commercials - perhaps to wake people up - or even more diabolical, to sneak into one’s dreams and hope they sleepwalk to “Uncle Clem’s 24 Hour Diner, Beauty Parlor, and Used Cars.”.... But I think the real reason is that these companies have smaller budgets (hence why they’re advertising in the cheaper time slots at 3am) which implies that they spend too little on production of their commercials—which means that the producers\editors are probably C or D grade and don’t know any better than to just pump up the volume…. It’s just a theory.

Either way, we’re in the midst of volume wars. Most people drive with their music too loud – damaging ear drums and making it hard to hear emergency vehicles… and while their ears are ringing from the car ride home, they have to turn up the TV at home so they can hear it… Movie theaters are blasting you with soundwaves from every angle to make you ‘feel’ the 50ft explosions from a Hollywood set (but at least THIS volume covers up crying babies and people smacking on their popcorn)... If this keeps up, all the music we’re writing right now will fall on…. deaf.. ears.

by
by
by
by
by
by