774 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
StudioEtude says

I must say that Cubase has everything necessary for a successful mastering, but if you do not have the opportunity to purchase expensive VST , you can try to sample the sounds of your synthesizer (for example, I sometimes recording samples the party from my Yamaha PSR -540 and Roland “Fantom g-6 ), but this is an example … the rest is labor, experiences, tips of seasoned, and of course have a lot to look at lessons internet ... Good luck! P.S. As an option, – Free use of VST … http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/freebies-samplers-and-sample-libraries/18932

205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
TJMusic says

The track is building up too slowly as for AudioJungle. There is a post in another thread, where the buyer said he listened to first 10 seconds of each tracks when looking for the music. I don’t think yours first 10 seconds would convince the buyer to purchase the tracks.

Additionally, the rhytm that comes later in the track is too similar to Ravel’s Bolero. The idea of building up from a single instrument to the full orchestration resembles Bolero as well. This might have been considered a copyright issue.

70 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
frozensatellite says

As for orchestral stuff I would really make sure to check out libs which are a bit more affordable before getting into the “big” stuff.

Recently ProjectSAM released Orchestra Essentials. Also there is Albion by Spitfire Audio. Of course these libraries are not that cheap if you see it from just the money, but you have to think that like 399 USD or so, is “just” around 50 sales. Think of it as an investment. Today’s libraries are so well executed, it is not enough to simply use the internal Cubase or Logic stuff. I also work with Cubase and I find it one of the best sequencers out there, but the internal effects and soundlibs just don’t cut it!

Personally I would NEVER go the “do some tracks which may sound cheap to eventually make some money to invest in some better sounding libs. To me it is always “buy some decent stuff to get out some decent sounding tracks to get back the money you invested” :)

243 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says

I am glad you all gave me good tips, I already created something new for audiojungle that starts to sound interesting immediately from the beginning and not at the 30th second or something like that. :)

And yeah – I would also like to buy some decent stuff but I at first prefer to wait to get some sales just to see wether people would buy my stuff or not, otherwise you will pay about 350$ and then nobody buys your music. This is the problem when you are a young musician – you just cannot get the professional sound because you have other priorities like for me it’s a driving licence – otherwise i won’t be able to study in octobre so yes. i just thought MAYBE i could earn some money with my music to get my licence a little bit faster and then I could save some money for Symphobia for example.

By the way – I uploaded my rejected Item as a free download on youtube, maybe someone will download it :)

75 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Russian Federation
wadim251185 says

Well, that’s my personal opinion … I listened to your song and I realized what is not dochet. First track sounds dry, not enough reverb. In the second shock the party is too primitive. That’s what was able to help :)

6 posts
  • Located in United States
atoomey says

How long did it take for them to reject?

71 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
berlinsound says

Hey Crian, you stated that you are a Student – what about Student discounts. You often get 50% off. You have to think the other way around – invest in what you like, then create, then earn. Like frozensatellite said. And Why would you stop making music if no one buys your music? I wouldn’t stop – because I love composing and creating. So the stuff you buy is an investment in your future and into yourself. Without the right gear, you are not able to learn. What about EastWest Orchestra Silver Edition. Same Samples as in Gold – just less articulations. May be as a starting point.

Do you still need help with the reverb thing in Cubase?

296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
ThomasVoMusic says

You shouldn’t give up just because one of your items got rejected. You learn from mistakes and you improve on it.

I’ve had a listen to your track, and it lacks a lot of reverb. I suggest 2CAudio Aether for reverb—it’s pretty nice on the wallet and gives you amazing results.

Overall, the main theme is not bad at all, but it’s the lack of quality sounds that hindered its strength. The build up is pretty slow too, I would personally remove it.

That choir-sounding synth sound you used in the beginning, it does not sound good solo or with the piano. It sounds better as an aid to the mix, but I wouldn’t suggest using it solo. Another reason why I think the track might have been rejected was because it’s not very marketable. I cannot really imagine what sort of projects would utilize this project, frankly.

You should invest in either EWQL Symphonic Orchestra, ProjectSam Orchestral Essentials, or Spitfire Albion. Don’t think too much about the money aspect, but rather, as a hobby. Hobby costs money, but by participating in a hobby, it can make that person happy—something to think about :)

Good luck

161 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SubKutz says

Tip for you about the reverb: Don’t place it directly on to the piano channel/track, it only needs a subtle amount.

Read about send/return channels.

It’s amazing how many people don’t understand how to utilise reverb correctly. No offence intended, I’m just trying to help.

70 posts
+3 more
frozensatellite says

Tip for you about the reverb: Don’t place it directly on to the piano channel/track, it only needs a subtle amount.

Read about send/return channels.

It’s amazing how many people don’t understand how to utilise reverb correctly. No offence intended, I’m just trying to help.

Sorry, but almost every reverb plugin got a dry/wet knob. It is not necessary to work with send/return. The only advantage of s/r is to be able to apply it on almost every track in your session, ... but if it is just about one ir two instruments, it is perfectly fine to use reverb as an insert as long as you don’t leave wet on 100% ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by