Already passed the suggestion along. :)

3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
Thanks for putting that all together Reaper. Regardless of which side of the fence one may be on, it seems you’ve compiled all of the pros and cons of each system together, making it really easy to glance over.

I do agree with many of your points. But I’m afraid, I still think showing the higher price is better. Mainly because I’d be scared to see all of the angry forum threads/support tickets from buyers complaining that we tried to cheat them out of $2 because of our “hidden” fees.

I’m very confused with this whole debate though. I can see minor issues here and there, and some people confused. But it still very clearly shows both prices. Right next to the price, it shows the deposit price. And being completely honest, I have an extremely small amount of buyers that have contacted me in regards to them having trouble with the system.

good points mark!

2 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
smashill says

I can only agree to all of you guys, it’s getting a bit harder to buy with this version, at least I had that feeling a few minutes ago. The buy-button should really be re-labeled, I don’t know how though. I asked myself: “Is my money gone once I hit the button, or is it not? Will there be another instance?” And that to find out if I can choose from more options after that, which I could not.

So I have to ask another question due to these changes: I wanted to buy an item for mutliple use. And right now I don’t even know how to order a bulk package (use theme 10 times) anymore. Can someone help me how to find that? It used to be much easier before this whole change.

70 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
tomh says

Two buttons: One with “buy this track for 12 straight away” one next to it with “deposit money and get this item for only $10” which leads to deposit page.

47 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Kai-ser says

Well, I actually think it would be nice to keep a relation. As said, 30$ or 32$ doesn’t make THE difference, at least for me as a buyer, but 1$ for an item or 3$ somehow does make a, pychological, difference. Add just 1$ to everything under 10$ seems fair to me.2$ for everything between 10$ and 20$... and , i’d be ok with 3$ for everything over 30$. Envato is quite ‘cheap’, but has always good quality and i really like the idea of having just one account for all the different cool shit. It’s so damn easy to be a customer, and as a designer like me, it’s a great thing to have access to all this different cool stuff on the marketplaces with just one account…and to buy stuff in seconds!

And: for me as an author it’s quite natural to pay 1-2$ for the hard work. but that’s just me.

Anyone who’s complaining didn’t realize how cool Envato, and the whole idea, is. Let them moan.

Edit: I really wonder why most of this ‘complaining’ threads are started by Authors, as soon as they’ve realized they can earn money by selling stuff on the web. Everyone was urged to read and accept the agreement and knew how Envato works..and knew that things may change.

44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
prismonde says

@tomh: +1, great idea..

191 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
KeithDee says
Well, I actually think it would be nice to keep a relation. As said, 30$ or 32$ doesn’t make THE difference, at least for me as a buyer, but 1$ for an item or 3$ somehow does make a, pychological, difference. Add just 1$ to everything under 10$ seems fair to me.2$ for everything between 10$ and 20$... and , i’d be ok with 3$ for everything over 30$. Envato is quite ‘cheap’, but has always good quality and i really like the idea of having just one account for all the different cool shit. It’s so damn easy to be a customer, and as a designer like me, it’s a great thing to have access to all this different cool stuff on the marketplaces with just one account…and to buy stuff in seconds!

Agree fully.

by
by
by
by
by
by